Liberty v0.9 (in toolbox now!)

Reaction score
This probably isn't the place to ask but it does relate to upgrading... when I do a backup in recovery, say I then flash apex and for whatever reason don't like it, can I reflash that backup and be EXACTLY where I left off?

Sent from my LGB v0.9 Gingercomb Juiced DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
ldopa

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
There is the mobile hotspot in settings/Wireless networks. The app icon isn't in the app drawer, but i think it's the same thing.

Interesting! That takes you to the same screen that the app in the app drawer takes you to (in 0.7 at least) - so it's definitely worth trying the upgrade to 0.9 to see!

Thanks!

Great! Happy to help

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.9

OP
ldopa

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
This probably isn't the place to ask but it does relate to upgrading... when I do a backup in recovery, say I then flash apex and for whatever reason don't like it, can I reflash that backup and be EXACTLY where I left off?

If you go to a different rom and want to restore a backup from a different rom, it's a good idea to wipe data and install the rom itself first. So from apex, wipe data and install liberty rom. Then wipe data and restore your liberty backup. This will ensure a clean base of the same rom to restore with.

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.9

Reaction score

If you go to a different rom and want to restore a backup from a different rom, it's a good idea to wipe data and install the rom itself first. So from apex, wipe data and install liberty rom. Then wipe data and restore your liberty backup. This will ensure a clean base of the same rom to restore with.

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.9

But the restore will bring back all my data? No setting up accounts or anything?

You've been so much help, I can't thank you enough.

turlian

Reaction score
Well 0.9 is flashed. Got gingercomb juice over it again. Only problem is now swype fc's every bootup... I'm not even using swype.

Also getting Swype FC's here. Deleted the installer, \system\swype.apk and \lib\libswype to no effect.

I didn't wipe the phone during the upgrade, just nuked the cache & dalvik.

s1nner

Reaction score
Well 0.9 is flashed. Got gingercomb juice over it again. Only problem is now swype fc's every bootup... I'm not even using swype.

Same problem here. Can't get Swype to work. Swype wasn't working on Liberty GB v0.8, so I deleted it, and installed the Swype Beta. This time, no such luck. I even tried an old fix that worked with the old Fission ROM, but all that happened was constant Swype FCs. I hope there will be a hotfix for this, or someone finds a workaround, because without Swype, my phone is pretty useless at typing (tried SwiftKey, SwiftKey X Beta, FlexT9, Gingerbread KB, but still don't like using them).

Reaction score
Did a search for all things swype in root explorer and added .old to the end of the file. Restarted, no fc. Haven't tried reinstalling swype through the beta though.

Sent from my LGB v0.9 Gingercomb Juiced DROID2

turlian

Reaction score
Ok, Swype is working again. Uninstalled Swype + Swype installer, had beta.swype.com send me the invite again, redownloaded and ran the installer - success.

OP
ldopa

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thats how to do it. Works every time. Reinstall the installer and you should get working swype.

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.9

OP
ldopa

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.9

But the restore will bring back all my data? No setting up accounts or anything?

You've been so much help, I can't thank you enough.

Yes it will. Think of a nandroid backup as a picture of your system at a given moment in time. It's like a mirror of everything (texts, pics, emails, accts, apps etc..) thats why they take up a GB on the sd

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.9

s1nner

Reaction score
Swype

Ok, Swype is working again. Uninstalled Swype + Swype installer, had beta.swype.com send me the invite again, redownloaded and ran the installer - success.

How odd, I had tried this before, and I kept getting the FCs. I had originally uninstalled both before installing the Beta (no reboot in between), and I must have had some remnant of the corrupt Swype because I kept getting the FCs.

Decided to give it another shot, uninstalled Swype, and deleted anything labeled Swype in the system/apps and data/apps folders, reboot my phone, installed Swype Installer from Beta email, reinstalled Swype, now it's working like a charm again! :)

Hope this helps someone having problems.

joeonetime

Reaction score

Exactly. I went into Liberty Toolbox -> App Management -> Remove Apps, uninstalled Swype from there, rebooted, ran the Swype installer again, and was back in business.

Am running 0.9 for about a day now, so far so good! No crashes, nothing :)

joeonetime

Reaction score
I'd love to see a changelog for this whenever possible. I'd like to know if full Exchange contact support has been resolved as it's the only thing that prevents me from full adoption.

Dave

I use exchange, and I have no problems. I went to Settings -> Accounts -> Add Account. You have two choices there, "Corporate Sync" (with two curved blue arrows in a circle) or "Corporate" (with 4 white bars forming a box) - choose the one that looks like a white box - use the URL that you use for Outlook Web Access, and you should be in business.

I was able to sync contacts, calendars, you name it.

medic77

Reaction score
lgb v0.9 battery life

So I have a strange issue with my battery. I am not sure at which point this happens
but its uunder 80% battery anyway the phone jumps down to 15% all a sudden
right now my bat life is jus 2 hours.

Anyone else have a problem or should I try reflashing and see if that fixes?

Thanks

Reaction score
So I have a strange issue with my battery. I am not sure at which point this happens
but its uunder 80% battery anyway the phone jumps down to 15% all a sudden
right now my bat life is jus 2 hours.

Anyone else have a problem or should I try reflashing and see if that fixes?

Thanks

You need to re calibrate your battery. I was having some battery issues as well, but after calibrating it my battery lasted a nice long time. If that doesn't work a reflash may be in order.

Sent from my LGB v0.9 Gingercomb Juiced DROID2