Liberty v0.9 (in toolbox now!)

Reaction score
I know, just didn't see the d2 size mentioned anywhere and figured I'd give a reference.

Sent from my LGB v0.8 Gingercomb Juiced DROID2 using DroidForums

Popezaphod

Reaction score
It is such a PITA to have to update a ROM. Methinks I will wait for LGB v1.0 unless I feel like poking passwords into apps again and again and again.

Animal

Reaction score
Remember if you are on 0.8 then you don't have to wipe and lose all your current stuffs to flash 0.9

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Reaction score
Agreed, it will take a decent changelog/bugfix for the upgrade. I'm more likely to switch roms and go 0.9 when I come back.

Wait you don't have to flash? That makes 0.9 sound much better. Any new bugs introduced?

OP
ldopa

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
No need to wipe. Just install over 0.8. You won't have to set anything up again.

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.9

Reaction score
What's the best way to install it, recovery or through liberty toolbox?

OP
ldopa

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Usually I do its manually, but on my phone this file isn't a zip like the others so i did it through the toolbox. Go into liberty settings first and check the reboot in safe mode. I do this just in case. Then check the make a backup box but don't wipe and install. Worked fine

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.9

C

Communisum

Usually I do its manually, but on my phone this file isn't a zip like the others so i did it through the toolbox. Go into liberty settings first and check the reboot in safe mode. I do this just in case. Then check the make a backup box but don't wipe and install. Worked fine

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.9

You took the plung, even with the lack of changes, you are addicted lol. I installed for three mins, then went back too apex. Awesome rom though, I like the customization.

OP
ldopa

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Liberty is like my base rom. It was my first and i like it. I'll prob jump back to apex next week or something. I am addicted. I'll flash pretty much anything. Plus i've donated a bunch to liberty so i may as well test it and give feedback to the devs.

I need help. ;)

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.9

C

Communisum

Liberty is like my base rom. It was my first and i like it. I'll prob jump back to apex next week or something. I am addicted. I'll flash pretty much anything.

I need help

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.9

I do like the juiced theme, I wish that would get ported to apexxx. Sorry for thread jackin

joeonetime

Reaction score
mynet (a.k.a. 3g Mobile Hotspot) in 0.9

Does anyone know if mynet.apk (a.k.a. 3g Mobile Hotspot) is included in v0.9? It exists in 0.7 but was removed in 0.8) I actually downgraded back to 0.7 because I needed it, and couldn't find a way to get it.

Anyone?

OP
ldopa

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
There is the mobile hotspot in settings/Wireless networks. The app icon isn't in the app drawer, but i think it's the same thing. I'm not talking about wifi tether either. I dont use that stuff so im not entirely sure. Check it out

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.9

joeonetime

Reaction score
There is the mobile hotspot in settings/Wireless networks. The app icon isn't in the app drawer, but i think it's the same thing.

Interesting! That takes you to the same screen that the app in the app drawer takes you to (in 0.7 at least) - so it's definitely worth trying the upgrade to 0.9 to see!

Thanks!

Reaction score
Well 0.9 is flashed. Got gingercomb juice over it again. Only problem is now swype fc's every bootup... I'm not even using swype.

Sent from my LGB v0.9 Gingercomb Juiced DROID2 using DroidForums

Tek420

Reaction score
I'd love to see a changelog for this whenever possible. I'd like to know if full Exchange contact support has been resolved as it's the only thing that prevents me from full adoption.

Stock ROM provides ALL Exchange contacts to be sync'd to phone, I haven't been able to get 0.7, 0.8, Apex, AOSP Liberty, etc to mimic this even by restoring all seemingly relevant Blur apks. If anyone has accomplished this, please fill me in as that would be totally rad.

Thanks 2 JRummy and all the awesome devs for the great work!
sammyk

I have found since going to the Liberty GB (started on v0.6 I think) that if you restore the Email 2.2 from a Titanium backup and mannually add your Exchange account in there that it works fine. It adds the Exchange account to the system's Accounts and that syncs all email, contacts, and calendar. That's all I use in Exchange so I can't speak for anything else. It seems that adding the Exchange account directly into the system's Accounts does not work. This has worked on all Liberty GB versions I have tried so far. Hope it helps.

Dave