[ROM] Liberty 3 - The Eagle soars again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KalKal

Reaction score
aw man. and here i thought using the stock blur music player would give me back the lockscreen widget back too. :p ah well. thanks anyway!

Inelastic

Reaction score
aw man. and here i thought using the stock blur music player would give me back the lockscreen widget back too. :p ah well. thanks anyway!

The lockscreen music widget shows up when you are playing music. I use PowerAmp for my music player and it works fine.

KalKal

Reaction score
The lockscreen music widget shows up when you are playing music. I use PowerAmp for my music player and it works fine.

not blur stock, the one with song info and album artwork. but its ok, i can deal.
i actually have poweramp, but ever since dsp manager and now blur's sound effects, i dont mind using the stock music player.

Inelastic

Reaction score
not blur stock, the one with song info and album artwork. but its ok, i can deal.
i actually have poweramp, but ever since dsp manager and now blur's sound effects, i dont mind using the stock music player.

Well, you can always download the beta of PowerAmp 2.0. It has a really nice substitute for the lockscreen with the controls in it if you don't have widgetlocker.

breachless

Reaction score
Just flashed this yesterday straight from CM7 GB (wiped data, dalvik, etc of course). I LOVE it. I was a huge fan of Liberty when that first dropped, and I enjoyed CM7 for awhile as well, but with this ROM, my phone is running better than it ever has. Granted, I have been using it for less than a day, but so far I have found no issues to speak of. Whatever it is that they are using for the launcher is snappy as hell. Not very awesome in the feature department, but the responsiveness of this launcher is absolutely unrivaled in my opinion. I really like the font that is on this ROM as well, and it's nice to have a decent dialer again that looks nice.

Anyway, I am happy to see Liberty back in the game: I can't wait to see what comes of this ROM in the coming weeks. Thanks to those involved in making these ROMS happen: your hard work is much appreciated!

tcm1226

Reaction score
I'm new to this sort of thing. I know that a lot of things that seem to work for Droid 2 works for the Droid Pro. Will this ROM work with Droid Pro?

I like what I'm reading about Liberty. It seems to be trimmed down of the excess stuff.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm new to this sort of thing. I know that a lot of things that seem to work for Droid 2 works for the Droid Pro. Will this ROM work with Droid Pro?

I like what I'm reading about Liberty. It seems to be trimmed down of the excess stuff.

You can try it. Just be comfortable with sbf'ing if you do. I wouldn't recommend it though

Boot Manager

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

You'll have to replace a ton of files, I have a list of them on my laptop. I'll upload it and pm you a link when I'm on it later.

I sent kejar a pm asking if he would allow me to support the Pro and the d2g but so far haven't gotten a reply.

Sent from my D2G

stixaw

Reaction score

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok so I have Liberty .9 on my Droid 2:

I have to do this: How to: Return DROID2 Back to Stock 2.2 to Receive Gingerbread Update - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog
then I have to root it again? is there a Article for Rooting the OTA?
then I have to download the ROM again and reinstall to get the RC version of Liberty 3? once I am at the RC will it allow for updates or do I need to do the SBF each time?

Just asking because it is a bit of time to sbf each time I want to update my rom :)

Its easy. Use the link to sbf. Take the OTA update and then use Super One Click root or Moto root. Then download Liberty 3 and install it using Droid 2 bootstrap or Liberty Toolbox. Make sure you wipe data before you install.

You wont need to sbf again unless you brick your phone. You can flash any GB ROM over the OTA with just wiping data

Boot Manager

mattv111

Reaction score
Ok so I have Liberty .9 on my Droid 2:

I have to do this: How to: Return DROID2 Back to Stock 2.2 to Receive Gingerbread Update - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog
then I have to root it again? is there a Article for Rooting the OTA?
then I have to download the ROM again and reinstall to get the RC version of Liberty 3? once I am at the RC will it allow for updates or do I need to do the SBF each time?

Just asking because it is a bit of time to sbf each time I want to update my rom :)

You have to install the ota before you re root. Search for one of the d3 methods to root the ota

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

KalKal

Reaction score
huh. i was running liberty 9.0, then i went to liquid 3.0 without doing any sbf'ing, then i simply installed liberty 3 over it (mind i did wipe and everything). what i am trying to say, i haven't had a need to sbf anything every since i went from stock ota to liberty 9.0. phone works fine and dandy too. 0:

SWFLDroid

Reaction score
Back when I was on Liberty V0.8 I my phone would shut down when playing music, has this bug been fixed? Aside from that I loved the ROM but it pissed me off when I would have to re-boot my phone in the middle of song, really kills the mood:mad:

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Back when I was on Liberty V0.8 I my phone would shut down when playing music, has this bug been fixed? Aside from that I loved the ROM but it pissed me off when I would have to re-boot my phone in the middle of song, really kills the mood:mad:

I have run v.9 and Liberty 3. I am really into music and haven't had that issue.

Boot Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.