Liberty 3 RC 1.1?

bobonobono

Reaction score
OK, finally got it up and running. Think it was a bad download.

Working md5: 58822a027d28a7f778914c09bf00fc87

For the record, I used the 602 Linux disc. OTA updated to 605. Used Pete's Easy Root Script to Root. Used D2Bootstrap to enter CMRecovery. Cleared Data a whole bunch. Flashed RC1.1.

:icon_ lala::icon_ lala::icon_ lala::icon_ lala::icon_ lala::icon_ lala::icon_ lala::icon_ lala::icon_ lala::icon_ lala::icon_ lala::icon_ lala::icon_ lala::icon_ lala::icon_ lala::icon_ lala::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

urples

Reaction score
Just tried to get into stock recovery and that doesn't even work. Just black screen. Would sbf back to stock fix it? Or any other solution?

Can you get into stock recovery?

Boot Manager

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Question: If I backup my apps with TB as I've done in the past, will it restore them properly after going to Liberty 3?

I'm going to use the Linux method, but where is GB .605? If I understand correctly, I don't need to SBF to .340 first?

BTW, has anyone used the ROM Toolbox method of installing .340 with CR? It seems pretty straight forward.

AND one more question (hopefully); does the phone need rooting after going back to .340 or up to .602/.605?

I don't see where the Froyo all in one would be an issue. TBH made it. If you sbf, you'll have to reroot.

You can take the OTA and root it or you can install the .605 all in one from the TBH app. Its basically the same as .602 though

Titanium works fine on the apps

Boot Manager

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just tried to get into stock recovery and that doesn't even work. Just black screen. Would sbf back to stock fix it? Or any other solution?

You could try and sbf. I had the same exact issue and reflashing 2.5.0.7 recovery fixed it. Sbf worked, but only for a short time

Boot Manager

OP
R

rcglider

Reaction score
The last time I rooted was with Z4 Root. What is being used now?

What is TBH app? Sorry, have been away from ask this for a long time.

Last edited:

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
The last time I rooted was with Z4 Root. What is being used now?

Z4 root still works with Froyo. To root GB you have to use Super One Click

Boot Manager

bkendrick

Reaction score
I can't get to recovery either. Tried downloading older recovery and no go. Anyone have a fix?

DX. CFU. LIB GB.9

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can't get to recovery either. Tried downloading older recovery and no go. Anyone have a fix?

DX. CFU. LIB GB.9

Might have to sbf. Have y'all been using Bootstrap or the built in one? Its not a 2nd init ROM so y'all can use Bootstrap and not have issues

Boot Manager

bkendrick

Reaction score
Which bootstrap? Droid X or 2?
Thanks for the help.

DX. CFU. LIB GB.9

urples

Reaction score
I tried everything, the built in one, rom manager, the liberty app, and both bootstrap. Got the same result.

bkendrick

Reaction score
Ok...progress! I've got the Droid X bootstrap working with USB debugging off.

DX. CFU. LIB GB.9

jayxpx

Reaction score
same here for recovery...couldnt get anything to work until i turned off debugging...now im good to go...this rom is running smooth as silk on my New (used) DX i just got off ebay! Coming from a Droid 2 this phone is phenominal!

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's weird... I've never had issues with USB debugging on or off. I use D2 bootstrap though

Boot Manager

Mturner615

Reaction score
CM7.1 to Liberty 3

Hey guys,

I'm currently on CM 7.1 on my Droid X, and would LOVE to move back to liberty again. Am I able to switch over to Liberty 3 without doing an SBF?