Reaction score
Hey all! It's been a while!

I have recently updated my phone from Liberty Gingerbread v0.9 to Liberty 3 2.0

This was the process I went through:

SBF to .340 (froyo)
Rooted via Z4
Installed CWM via Droid X Bootstrap
Booted into CWM and loaded up the .602 AIO from Toolbox Donate
I did not reboot, I just wiped data and loaded up Liberty 3 v2.0 all without a reboot
Wiped data again and rebooted

I was using it all day yesterday on wifi without issues, I didn't notice that the radio wasn't working until I left for work and class this morning.

Everything else runs perfectly except for the radio.

How would I go about fixing this?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I have never had any luck using the AIO's. The way I went to Liberty was an SBF to .602, took OTA up to .605, rooted that, and then flashed Liberty 3 2.0. I know it is a lot to go through but I have been using it for a while and do not experience data problems.

If you do not want to go through all of that then maybe try just wiping and reinstalling the ROM. But if the radio update did not take and you are not on .13 then you may want to start over to get the latest radio.

OP
J

Jon Jon

Reaction score
I have never had any luck using the AIO's. The way I went to Liberty was an SBF to .602, took OTA up to .605, rooted that, and then flashed Liberty 3 2.0. I know it is a lot to go through but I have been using it for a while and do not experience data problems.

If you do not want to go through all of that then maybe try just wiping and reinstalling the ROM. But if the radio update did not take and you are not on .13 then you may want to start over to get the latest radio.

I'll follow what you did. I just want my data to work, lol.

What will I need to use in order to root .605?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
And I wasn't even thinking about it but you could cut out one step and just run the .602 SBF and root that. The only difference between it and .605 is that .605 implemented a keyboard fix which if you are running a ROM means nothing.

But to root it you will need to employ the "D3 One-Click Method," it works on other Moto phones running 2.3.3 as well. It uses the same exploit as was discovered on the D3 which is why it is named that.

Ansextra

Reaction score
Are you sure you have 3G enabled from the top icons on the phone? When I first installed Liberty 3 that was my problem. I felt like an idiot when I realized what I had missed... ;)
Hey all! It's been a while!

I have recently updated my phone from Liberty Gingerbread v0.9 to Liberty 3 2.0

This was the process I went through:

SBF to .340 (froyo)
Rooted via Z4
Installed CWM via Droid X Bootstrap
Booted into CWM and loaded up the .602 AIO from Toolbox Donate
I did not reboot, I just wiped data and loaded up Liberty 3 v2.0 all without a reboot
Wiped data again and rebooted

I was using it all day yesterday on wifi without issues, I didn't notice that the radio wasn't working until I left for work and class this morning.

Everything else runs perfectly except for the radio.

How would I go about fixing this?

ROM3000

Reaction score
Are you sure you have 3G enabled from the top icons on the phone? When I first installed Liberty 3 that was my problem. I felt like an idiot when I realized what I had missed... ;)

Oh wow. I can't believe I didn't realize that. Thank you so much. You saved me from having to reset my phone again. In case anyone else is wondering, it the icon with the two arrows facing in opposite directions.

Ansextra

Reaction score
Glad to be able to assist... :)
Oh wow. I can't believe I didn't realize that. Thank you so much. You saved me from having to reset my phone again. In case anyone else is wondering, it the icon with the two arrows facing in opposite directions.

jestyr

Reaction score
Happened to me the other day. I even called Verizon to see if there were any network problems. I was on the phone with them for 30 mins or so before we figured it out. /facepalm