Liberty 1.5 & Titanium Problems - Please Help

luv2increase

Reaction score
EDIT: The problem was not with Liberty 1.5 but rather with Titanium Backup corrupting a few backups.

Ok, so I've never ever had problems with Titanium backup in the over 30 times I've batch restored all my apps including with Liberty 1.0.

HOWEVER, this time around has been quite different. Whenever I try to restore the app only or app + data of LARGE .apks such as my K9 Mail backup, it will soft reboot every time.

For the life of me I can't get it to work. It did the same thing with Quadrant and K9 mail. I reinstalled titanium, and the issue still happens.

This is stock with no overclock. I even underclocked it to see if that would help, but it didn't.

Can someone please give me an idea of what to try next? Thanks! :icon_ banana:

EDIT: I even just downloaded K9 Mail from the market and did a Data only restore, but it doesn't work. It will say the data is restored, but opening up K9 Mail is like opening it up for the first time. :(

someotherguy

Reaction score
Having same problem.
was on tranquility. Recovery mode. Wiped data. Installed maderstock.

Rebooted. Z4root. Bootstrap. Recovery. Wipe data. Liberty 1.5.

Titanium.
restore missing apps and data

Reboots everytime.

senfoo

Reaction score
no tb issues here, i was able to restore 150+ apps with data without any hiccups.

someotherguy

Reaction score
no tb issues here, i was able to restore 150+ apps with data without any hiccups.

I installed without issues on mine and TB worked as always.

This is friends that is doing it. I didn't know what he did so i used maderstock.

Think this is the issue?

someotherguy

Reaction score
Clicked problems, it downloaded 1.16 from app. was on 1.161 of busybox.

Clicked restore and it rebooted.

No luck.

kdkinc

Reaction score
In the latest TBH tranquility thread, They practically put a skull and cross bones on the use of TBU.
They suggest to only restore data to apps that you need the saved data for.
When you do a backup you also backup the garbage.

TBU is a excellent app but use it carefully....

Answered by "Jolly" @ MyDroidWorld

oin Date
Nov 2010
Thanks

Originally Posted by validoption
Titanium cannot handle ROM to ROM om the DX like it can on the D1. I've started using MyBackup Root.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
We have been saying Titanium causes issues for a long time. No one seems to listen. But you stated it pretty clearly let's hope people start to get it.

someotherguy

Reaction score
I've tried missing apps only and only certain apps

Always rebooted.

Don't understand why it worked fine on mine. But is screwed for my friend.

canvs2321

Reaction score
here's my suggestions, check the file permissions of the data that has been restored.

I've had users of my app use titanium backup and when they restore the app + data it didn't set the permissions right on my data and my app had 0 access to the file

had the user delete the data and rerun the app, and the app reinstalled my data and everything was ok

so i'm not sure if Titanium keeps records of file permissions on data files, but if it doesn't like i think, then when restoring say a database file, the app that owns that file won't have permission to read/write/etc...til permissions are set correctly

OP
L

luv2increase

Reaction score
Well this is weird. I had to restore my tranquility 3.7 install since I couldn't restore my main app (K9 Mail). The interesting part happened next. I went to restore app only of the Save MMS app, and it did the same exact thing as it did with Liberty 1.5 and K9 mail!

So, obviously the issue isn't with Liberty but with the titanium backup app itself.

I vaguely remember there being an update to titanium over the past few weeks too. I think that update caused the problem..

So now im stuck on horrible, slow tranquility...

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
If the developers are issuing a caution on using Titanium then them must have a reason. Have you contacted the developers to seek their input? When you restore are do you have the force restore to the same location checked? Are you restoring the system app first then the others?

ctslaton

Reaction score
TBU worked fine for me. Any chance you might have restored some app that conflicts with something on this ROM such as blur email?