Question about restoring apps after flashing Liberty GB

darthzach

Reaction score
Is it ok to just restore all apps+data with Titanium? I wanna make sure there aren't any file conflicts on a new ROM since my backup is from the old GB leak .457 and now it's .588 with Liberty. I've never flashed a ROM or theme before this.

maximumpower

Reaction score
Definitely not system apps. I restore apps through the market and restore data for the apps I want to keep data for using TB

dasanman69

Reaction score
The ones highlighted in green are safe to restore. The rest you should download from the market again.

OP
D

darthzach

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I haven't really gotten a lot of time to look at Titanium since I just got it the other day to backup for the GB leak..

I originally made a full apps+data backup with Titanium AND Liberty Toolbox on the .457 GB. When I tried to do a CW restore of data, it froze and bootlooped, so I had to do a full system wipe/reset and restored apps and data with Liberty Toolbox. I wasn't thinking though, because I didn't realize it wouldn't show a list and let me select which I wanted and didn't want to restore, so I did a missing apps and data restore with Titanium to get whatever Liberty Toolbox didn't restore and I feel like I should just do a wipe/restore again just to be on the safe side.

One thing I wanna know though: how do I get the data from certain apps, i.e. a notepad or task list app, restored too? Sorry for all the confusion I'm just learning as I'm going and have really done an insane amount of reading on all this in just 3 days, things are kinda blurring together!

maximumpower

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I haven't really gotten a lot of time to look at Titanium since I just got it the other day to backup for the GB leak..

I originally made a full apps+data backup with Titanium AND Liberty Toolbox on the .457 GB. When I tried to do a CW restore of data, it froze and bootlooped, so I had to do a full system wipe/reset and restored apps and data with Liberty Toolbox. I wasn't thinking though, because I didn't realize it wouldn't show a list and let me select which I wanted and didn't want to restore, so I did a missing apps and data restore with Titanium to get whatever Liberty Toolbox didn't restore and I feel like I should just do a wipe/restore again just to be on the safe side.

One thing I wanna know though: how do I get the data from certain apps, i.e. a notepad or task list app, restored too? Sorry for all the confusion I'm just learning as I'm going and have really done an insane amount of reading on all this in just 3 days, things are kinda blurring together!
If you have a Titanium Backup of all your apps, run TB and at the top of the screen select "Backup/Restore". You will get a list of apps on your phone. Scroll to the ones you want to restore data for and select it. You will get a popup. Select "Restore". If it is running it will ask you to close it then show some more options. One of them is "Data Only". Select that and you should be good to go.

jonwgee

Reaction score
Give myBackUp Root a try. it's free and I've found it to be a lot less wonky than TB