Let's (possibly) Welcome Blackberry to the Dark Side

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
rim_blackberry_torch_9800_2.jpg

Blackberry, in an attempt to compete in the market, may release blackberry phones with Android software. Blackberry flirted with the idea a few years ago but it may seem like they want to go all in. This may be a good move to get them back in to the market. Release a device that people are familiar with the name and provide them with a strong ecosystem. It is not like Blackberry have to run stock software, they can do Like Samsung and use their own email, messaging, and other custom software exclusive to the blackberry name while providing a more up to date software experience provided by G-Apps. I could see companies gravitating back to the Blackberry if they are able to provide a corporate experience unmatched my their competitors.

Source: Exclusive BlackBerry may put Android system on new device sources Reuters

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Slider!

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Let's hope that be the case. There are people who still would prefer a physical kb over touch screen even if it means giving up screen real-estate.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Let's hope that be the case. There are people who still would prefer a physical kb over touch screen even if it means giving up screen real-estate.
Yep, agreed.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I'd love to see what they can come up with . The more hardware partners the better ;)

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
BlackBerry will probably use Android on an upcoming slider device that is likely to be released this autumn, two sources said. The slider will combine a touch screen with a physical keyboard that users can use if they prefer.

BlackBerry briefly showed off the slider device on stage at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona in March, but it has provided little detail on it since then.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The more the merrier. As long as the crap apple company leaves Android alone.
Google is walling its own garden enough by itself, trying to be more ios like by itself. No need for Apple to interfere.
Fragmentation on a BlackBerry? The purists will have a stroke.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I loved my Blackberry, Outlook mail etc, but that's about all I loved about it, was 4 androids back...
Smart move though, might keep them alive a little longer.

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
It's been so long away from my Blackberry that I'd probably choose an Apple product over a Blackberry...
And a physical keyboard? What next, texting on a flip phone?

AdanClinton

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Android
Twitter
No twitter
Anyway ,Blackberry has to improve its hardware and software .