Less Nexus?

PDR447

Reaction score
I've seen various posts wishing for CM to be less "nexus-y". What do you guys mean? I think the only remnant really is the "dock" setting in settings. Other than that I have no idea what you guys are referring to. Enlighten me. :)

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
No complaints here. I don't know what being less "nexus-y" would even entail.

OP
P

PDR447

Reaction score
what is nexus-y?

Haha. That's why I made this thread. I'm not sure really. Just saw a few posts of people saying that CM wasn't "droid" enough. They say it's built too much like the nexus. :confused:

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
what is nexus-y?

Haha. That's why I made this thread. I'm not sure really. Just saw a few posts of people saying that CM wasn't "droid" enough. They say it's built too much like the nexus. :confused:

Can they explain what that means? I'm genuinely curious.

I want to know how CM is less "droid" than stock 2.1 or BB, as examples.

OP
P

PDR447

Reaction score
what is nexus-y?

imo, it's not "less droid". Just others were saying this in other places around the forum. So I made this thread to try and consolidate their thoughts. I don't know that they mean when they say it's "less droid".

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score

imo, it's not "less droid". Just others were saying this in other places around the forum. So I made this thread to try and consolidate their thoughts. I don't know that they mean when they say it's "less droid".

well hopefully one of them finds this thread and enlightens us. :)

Droids

Reaction score
I think it's mostly due to the Trackball Settings options in the display settings menu. Throws people off when they have to enable Pulse notification light in order to have their led light up. I know it doesn't hurt to leave those options in there but it makes some folks think it's not a clean (or proper) port to the Droid.

Another thing might be the 3D launcher, but I don't remember now if that is part of the Cyanogen ROM or the theme I installed on top.

Edit: I don't even know if a 3D launcher comes standard on the Nexus, that was just a guess.

Last edited:

buci1er

Reaction score
I actually like the "Nexus"-esque soo much i use the nexthemed Cyanogen 5.0.6.2

the graphical interface that's brought on by the theme is beautiful imho

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
I actually like the "Nexus"-esque soo much i use the nexthemed Cyanogen 5.0.6.2

the graphical interface that's brought on by the theme is beautiful imho

my favorite (and current) theme as well.

the great news is manup himself will soon be doing ports of the theme for droid. so we'll soon have that theme straight from "the source", if you will.

Alex K.

Reaction score
I think it's mostly due to the Trackball Settings options in the display settings menu. Throws people off when they have to enable Pulse notification light in order to have their led light up. I know it doesn't hurt to leave those options in there but it makes some folks think it's not a clean (or proper) port to the Droid.

Another thing might be the 3D launcher, but I don't remember now if that is part of the Cyanogen ROM or the theme I installed on top.

Edit: I don't even know if a 3D launcher comes standard on the Nexus, that was just a guess.

3D launcher is standard on Cyanogen and Nexus. Other than that, I think it isn't sholes red or lime green enough as stock. Or the five homescreens compared to three? All I know is that CyanogenMod is one tasty ROM.

19DroidRage84

Reaction score
They might be talking about the live wallpapers? On the droid live wallpapers the lights that move on the screen are thinner. Not anything to complain about though.