Droid beats Nexus One when docked

stuhasdroid

Reaction score
Tell you what, give a look at the Nexus One dock and again you'll find that Motorola has the better product.

Time and time again the Droid does better.

I was just checking out a little video intro to the Nexus One dock on DroidDog.com. Portrait only behavior and a dock screen behavior that really isn't any more functional than what we have, possibly less functional.

Silver Member
Reaction score
fwiw, the DROID is landscape only. it's based on the location of the USB port. the multimedia dock that the N1 uses is very similar to the DROID's. not sure what's "so great" about the DROID's dock vs. the N1 (aside from the $15 price difference). there really isn't any benefit to either one.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i think what makes the droid better is that 1: i already have one, and 2: it's on verizon.

Silver Member
Reaction score
lol. but what if N1 is on VZW? divide by zero?

Barkleyfan

Reaction score
Tell you what, give a look at the Nexus One dock and again you'll find that Motorola has the better product.

Time and time again the Droid does better.

I was just checking out a little video intro to the Nexus One dock on DroidDog.com. Portrait only behavior and a dock screen behavior that really isn't any more functional than what we have, possibly less functional.

Just don't see all the love for docks. My love for my Droid stems from the slider keyboard, the capacitive screen, and the performance, especially OC'd to 800 mhz, and a 16 gig storage card out of the box.

Silver Member
Reaction score
for me, the dock is important as it keeps my DROID away from accidents that may occur on a table, like a spilled drink. it also keeps it visible and accessible.

Barkleyfan

Reaction score
I guess I just went a different direction. I liked the dock with my HTC Kaiser, but I had to hook it up to my PC to sync all the time. With my Droid, I've moved to the cloud. I hardly even fire my PC up anymore. If I want music, I have a decent 5.1 system hooked up to the PC. No need for the Droid there, since all my musics on the system to begin with. And I have the Moto S305's if I want to listen to music on the Droid. Different strokes I guess.