LauncherPro on Bionic

Reaction score
So I didn't have my phone 5 minutes before the stock interface got on my nerves. So, I installed LauncherPro. It's perfect. It makes me feel like a little piece of my OG Droid is somehow still with me. :p

Anyway, it's running well. Response is lightning fast, haven't had any errors or force closes, etc. I can recommend trying this app if you are dissatisfied with the stock interface.

dancedroid

gsDroid

Reaction score
I also installed LauncherPro and definitely prefer it to the stock launcher. I like the LP app tray vertical scrolling and the ability to have 4 docked icons plus the app tray opener.

rbrill177

Reaction score
I agree. On day two with my new Bionic and the first major upgrade was the 3rd party launcher. I have to say it's not too far off interface-wise from my OG Droid, but it just blazes by it in speed.

I think Moto has a winner here. My battery life compared to other 4G devices has been superb.

Gremlin

Reaction score
Thanks for the info will install later on the day :)

alucard9114

Reaction score
Yea love it but uninstalled it because the novelty of the original home hasnt wore out yet i like both.If you want a true gingerbread feel download the free gingerbread keyboard app its awesome.

rbrill177

Reaction score
I went HTC IME keyboard. It is by far the best as far as auto-correction and keyspacing. It's different than the Swypes and the like, but as far as the multi-press keyboards are concerned it's great.

Gremlin

Reaction score
Yea love it but uninstalled it because the novelty of the original home hasnt wore out yet i like both.If you want a true gingerbread feel download the free gingerbread keyboard app its awesome.

The app is it by Steven lin?? Thanks

laxman3722

Reaction score
When they activiated my Bionic I had LP on my D1 and it automatically installed the format on my Bionic. It was pretty sweet to say the least. Love using it. This phone was def worth the wait... to me at least

Renae

Reaction score
Put LP on after about two hours. I like some of the blur stuff, but the launcher dock icons just weren't cutting it for me.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Put LP on after about two hours. I like some of the blur stuff, but the launcher dock icons just weren't cutting it for me.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

No alternate launchers have blur widgets?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
S
Reaction score
Day 4 and still 0 problems with LauncherPro. Still highly recommended. :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm still using stock. I used LauncherPro for years but I like the interface and motoblur functionality.

Suuperflie

Reaction score
I'm still using stock. I used LauncherPro for years but I like the interface and motoblur functionality.

I don't like the fact there is limited dock changeability. I wish we could edit the dock however we wanted to.

steve009

Reaction score
How about Launcher Pro and the Car dock?

I too have had Launcher Pro working beautifully for the last 4 days.. However, I've tried using the Car Dock and nothing launches or changes.. Faulty dock, phone, or something like Launcher Pro blocking it? What do you all think? (I've tried resetting the home launcher to the original, but on Launcher Pro and the home app, both have greyed out clear defaults in the Launch by default area..) Ideas, thoughts?

GBH2

Reaction score
I don't like the fact there is limited dock changeability. I wish we could edit the dock however we wanted to.

I think that's what did it for me too. I wanted to really give Blur a chance, and I think it might be fine for someone who hasn't had stock Android before. But, I kept getting annoyed because I wanted to press in the middle to launch the app drawer, then I would realize it it's not in the middle then I had to remember what their App drawer icon looks like and that it was over to the left. Also, I really like the look I have had for a while - simple text - in place of icons for the dock. A few other things and I finally switched. I have used Launcher pro for a while and was always happy with it. I actually went with Go Launcher though and I am very happy with it.