Cannot STAND the LauncherPro redraws anymore

OP
lancelot323

lancelot323

Reaction score
So I FINALLY have to break down and ask, what the heck are you guys doing to your phones that causes you to have so many redraws???

I run my Droid at 600 MHz and using Sapphire 1.1.4 with the latest LauncherPro. I may have a redraw about 2 times a week and it takes no more than about 3 seconds when it happens. "Keep in memory" is unchecked and I don't have the hack you all have been suggesting applied. I can easily switch between Facebook, eBuddy, the browser, and YouTube and never have a redraw when returning to LauncherPro.

It could be my kernel...I'm using the sapphire 1100-250 Sv...but I applied that hack posted on the 1st page and haven't had a redraw since...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

liguy257

Reaction score
I looked around but I"m at work and can't be on here much longer -- can someone clarify what exactly "redraw" means? I want to see if that's the issue I came to post about. Does it basically mean the lag that happens when you're in an app and press the Home key? I use LP and I love the app but the lag is driving me absolutely insane. Is that what the solutions in this thread address?

Thanks

captdroid

Reaction score
I looked around but I"m at work and can't be on here much longer -- can someone clarify what exactly "redraw" means? I want to see if that's the issue I came to post about. Does it basically mean the lag that happens when you're in an app and press the Home key? I use LP and I love the app but the lag is driving me absolutely insane. Is that what the solutions in this thread address?

Thanks

yes 10char

AuroEdge

Reaction score
Does the command suggested to be entered into terminal do anything different than checking persistent mode in adw.launcher system settings?