LauncherPro on Bionic

MdicnMan

Reaction score
LP is great but the contact widget doesn't seem to work. You cn add it but nothing shows up. Just me?

Frankiebonez

Reaction score
I went HTC IME keyboard. It is by far the best as far as auto-correction and keyspacing. It's different than the Swypes and the like, but as far as the multi-press keyboards are concerned it's great.

Tried searching market but no results???? I wouldnt mind trying out some other touch screen keyboards, this is my first phone EVER with no keyboard!

Infiniti87

Reaction score
I've used launcher pro forever on my OG Droid but I haven't installed it on my Bionic yet. I'm giving the whole motoblur thing a chance. It's not bad but it's no launcher pro. I'll probably end up installing it within the next week.

scdown

Reaction score
I'm putting LP+ back on - decided to give MotoBLOAT a try, but I can't customize the dock to the same degree that LP+ can, and it's clean and fast.

I'm also very curious to see what effect it has on battery life.

fdkatz

Reaction score
I find that I switch back and forth between the Blur homescreens, with the contact widget I really like and LPP with the dock that I am used to. Still on the fence.

skeezicks

Reaction score
I have used Launcher pro for a while and was always happy with it. I actually went with Go Launcher though and I am very happy with it.

Ditto. Although Launcher Pro is great, I've come to prefer Go Launcher even more. Each has their merits, but -- and this may sound superficial, but I don't care -- the transition options in Go Launcher are so much cooler than any other launcher I've found. Plus, it's smooth and stable, and so easily configurable.

idefiler6

Reaction score
I love the 4 icon look of stock Gingerbread. I hate that I can't change icons or resize widgets. Went with ADW since I already have the paid version from a previous phone. Stuck with 5 icons (or a crowded hidden dockbar) but at least I don't have to look at the icons for godialer and gosms.

ModestMuse

Reaction score
Launcher Pro kept crashing on my BIONIC. It doesn't even look like the developer supports it anymore. He hasn't updated since May.

I have since switched to Go Launcher, with the Android Pro Widgets. The Android Pro Widgets function exactly like the scrollable Launcher Pro widgets, and Go Launcher has even better functionality than Launcher Pro. I L.O.V.E. the app management it provides. If you long press on ANY app (other than bloatware) you have the option to uninstall it right then and there. Adding screens, setting 'home' screen, etc is so easy and intuitive. The dock is great and easy to customize. I highly recommend checking it out if you have any problems with LP or want try something new. You can also automatically transfer all your app locations over from a different launcher (you have to set widgets yourself).

Viktor Vaughn

Reaction score
My screen orientation is not rotating when I turn the phone sideways (yes I check the box in the settings)

Last edited:

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
Launcher Pro is working great on my Bionic but it seems like a dead app no updates anymore so I will probably switch soon. As for keyboard I hate the stock keyboard I miss my HTC IME MOD I had on my OG Droid. I tried installing them on the Bionic but it didnt scale properly. And swiftkey seems kinda.....I dunno.

solution

Reaction score
I tried using launcher pro on bionic and yes it feels outdated. I went go launcher ex and I haven't looked back.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk