Question about Go Launcher and Bluetooth wireless on the Bionic

HorsePony

Reaction score
Anyone using Go Launcher on the Bionic?

It's my first time using it at all (came from a OG where I would run LauncherPro or ADW on it).
Decided to give it a try so I could play around with some themes, as I'm holding off rooting for now.
Thing is, this morning, In roughly 1.5 hours of mediocre use on my commute, I'm already down to 54% battery.

There's really nothing I use differently other than the Go Launcher and, this morning, listening to my music through my new Jaybird Freedom wireless Bluetooth headphones. Does Go Launcher sap up battery quickly at all?

Unlike LauncherPro and ADW, I notice that with Go Launcher, you're able to go back and see your stock Home Screen at any time...meaning are two Homes running at once? If Go is typically known to use up much more battery than just a stock Home, I think I may just go back, as I didn't have any complaints about the stock...just wanted to try something different. You know us Android users... :happy:

And lastly, this is my first time using a wireless bluetooth headset for music. Usually I go wired. Does Bluetooth sap battery life harshly as well?
My ignorant understanding of this was thinking that since the sound is being pumped out (loudly) through the battery of the Bluetooth, it's not like the phone is pumping out the sound itself and, thus, shouldn't be using as much power? Again, I said "ignorant," so if I need to be corrected here, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

tigersharkdude

Reaction score
Im running GoLauncher and am 70% through moderate use, have been unplugged for 4 hours

Zregnier

Reaction score
I've been running Go for a few weeks and love it. Never hogs the battery. Just make sure you delete all your widgets off the stock home so they don't drain battery.

saltrock

Reaction score
Using Bluetooth will drain your battery, especially over time when you leave it on.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

ccsoty

Reaction score
No issues here with either Go Launcher or Bluetooth.
Helps to have the extended battery. Today I listened to streaming audio from TuneIn over WiFi and pumped that out to my bluetooth headsets and after 2 hours, I was only down to about 85%, and that's with other moderate use from time to time thru-out that 2 hours.