LauncherPro force close then Calendar issue

ccartertn

Reaction score
I have had the Droid X since launch date. Added LauncherPro immediately, no problems, love it - until yesterday.
LP went into Force Close loop. Had to force the X into car mode (magnet), add Home switcher as an app on that menu, run home switcher, switch to ADW.
Then, I noticed in ADW that my calendar won't run. I click calendar and see it pull the agenda up and then it closes immediately. Tried this with the motoblur home as well - same thing.
What has changed?

Lately, I have been experimenting with Tasker
- profiles to adjust volumes at night, profile to start GPS if car-docked, etc...
Also, put a magnet on my car mount to force phone into car mode.
Tested this out while driving around yesterday.

So, is there a link between the calendar issue and LauncherPro?
Has my experimenting with Tasker caused problems? (note this is the only software I have downloaded in a while)
Did driving around with the phone car-docked mess something up?

I am still running Tasker on ADW and up and running fine - just no calendar.

I have checked on LauncherPro forum - lots of older mentions about force close loops - no real solutions.

I am Froyo 2.2 non-rooted.

If you love a good mystery, help me solve this!

Thanks,
CC

OP
ccartertn

ccartertn

Reaction score
More info:
I am not using ATK or any other task killer.

P.S. ADW is not that bad! (Still need my calendar though!)

-CC

OP
ccartertn

ccartertn

Reaction score
Uninstalled and re-installed LauncherPro. No longer in the force-close loop. However, I have not setup everything like I had it - widgets, shortcuts, etc...
Still having calendar issue in all launchers.
I suspect LP force-close loop may be related to calendar type widgets - I'll add stuff back to LP and see what happens.

CC

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You might try clearing data and cache for Calendar Storage in the menu/settings/applications/manage applications/ section and see if that helps anything.

OP
ccartertn

ccartertn

Reaction score
Yep - great minds think alike! I went into manage applications and stopped the calendar apps and cleared data - a little scary but it synced all my appts back!

Went into Calendar with no issues. Noticed that in settings where you set which calendars to display, it is now a synched and visible setting vs. just a checkmark.

Regardless, I seem to be okay now - hope no one else has this issue.

Now to decide whether to go back to LP or stick with ADW for a while.

Thanks Bayou for the advice!

CC

OP
ccartertn

ccartertn

Reaction score
Arrrgh, had the LP Force close loop issue again today.
Went into app manager before it force closed, cleared the calendar storage data, seemed to correct....

Not sure whats going on - I suspect something up with my calendar entries.

CC

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Have you tried Agenda Calander Widget? You can sync the blur calander and Google calander with it. I never use the stock one. And it works with ADW and LPP.

Sent from c]=[k(V)8's Droid X using Tapatalk

OP
ccartertn

ccartertn

Reaction score
I use Android Agenda Widget - not sure if they are the same.
Regardless, it displays the info fine.
Assuming there is something with the way my calendar info is stored. I have several Calendars synched (my work, wife's, Titans, kids' soccer, etc...) - could be a volume thing? Maybe something like it doesn't like All Day events? Who knows.

My evaluation period for Tasker has expired so it is no longer running. Going to monitor it for a while to see if I get the Force Close with it not running. Only relation between Tasker and Calendar is that I did have a Tasker profile to check my work calendar and put in silent mode when I had a meeting.

CC