LauncherPro Beta (SUPER FAST & SMOOTH Launcher!)

brochaos

Reaction score
i had started having my alarm clock app FC...wasn't sure if it was LPs fault though, maybe...it just started happening, never happend before.

sparty569

Reaction score
what do i need to press to return to the default screen? ie i have 7 screen and made my screen 2 the 'default' page but when i press the home button it gives me the mini screen and when i press it again it just return to whatever screen i was on.

That means that you are already at your "home" screen. If I am not on my "home" screen, and I touch the Home soft key, I get taken to my "home" screen. Once on my "home" screen and I touch the Home soft key, I get the display of all of my screens.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
i had started having my alarm clock app FC...wasn't sure if it was LPs fault though, maybe...it just started happening, never happend before.

Me too. I'm using Beautiful Widgets, no LWP, using the stock alarm, and I set my alarm by going thru Beautiful Widgets. I dont really know whats causing the FC. This was happening before the latest update tho. Will see if it continues after the update.

Last edited:

Vitticeps

Reaction score
what do i need to press to return to the default screen? ie i have 7 screen and made my screen 2 the 'default' page but when i press the home button it gives me the mini screen and when i press it again it just return to whatever screen i was on.

That means that you are already at your "home" screen. If I am not on my "home" screen, and I touch the Home soft key, I get taken to my "home" screen. Once on my "home" screen and I touch the Home soft key, I get the display of all of my screens.

Actually there's a setting in Preferences that controls the home button behavior. Just check the box to have the home button take you to your home default home screen. Pressing home once will take you to default, pressing it while on default will give the previews.

Smeech

Reaction score
I'm having a heck of time "grabbing" icons and widgets if I want to move them or throw them into the trash. Anyone else experiencing that? I wonder if it's a combo on the programs/ROM I am running..

I'll hold on an icon and it will flash the highlight real quick... then... nothing. After a few tries, it usually gets it. Not a big problem unless you like to move **** around... heh..

astevens54

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Well, I installed LauncherPro today and am pleasantly satisfied with it. Looks like the uninstall would be easy as this was my concern if I wanted to fall back to the default launcher. It's straight forward to setup and to use. I will keep it on my Droid. I was considering installing ADW but the removal of the app isn't as straight forward as uninstall. I realize it does much more however LPB does a good job of meeting my needs and concerns.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, I installed LauncherPro today and am pleasantly satisfied with it. Looks like the uninstall would be easy as this was my concern if I wanted to fall back to the default launcher. It's straight forward to setup and to use. I will keep it on my Droid. I was considering installing ADW but the removal of the app isn't as straight forward as uninstall. I realize it does much more however LPB does a good job of meeting my needs and concerns.

ADW is now a market app. Uninstall is trivial.

ntrddragn

Reaction score

Actually there's a setting in Preferences that controls the home button behavior. Just check the box to have the home button take you to your home default home screen. Pressing home once will take you to default, pressing it while on default will give the previews.

Yesh thats it. I knew someone would kind of understand my question. :D

astevens54

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo

Thanks, I asked that question and got no answer. I guess I will uninstall LPB and try ADW since it has an uninstall...

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Thanks, I asked that question and got no answer. I guess I will uninstall LPB and try ADW since it has an uninstall...
I'm surprised by the comments that ADW is supposedly better than LauncherPro??... I tried ADW before, and then again earlier tonite, and it's nowhere near as smooth and crisp as LauncherPro. It may have a few more options, but if it still gets glitchy here and there, why bother to replace such a smooth app like LauncherPro??

Reaction score
I'm surprised by the comments that ADW is supposedly better than LauncherPro??... I tried ADW before, and then again earlier tonite, and it's nowhere near as smooth and crisp as LauncherPro. It may have a few more options, but if it still gets glitchy here and there, why bother to replace such a smooth app like LauncherPro??

+1

My thoughts exactly. Launcher Pro is best in its category hands down!

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Excuse me for not reading through all the posts, but I just installed this and so far, I'm loving it.

However, if I want to drop a home screen, am I going to have to redo all the work I've done to personalize it?

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score

I think both are excellent.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
^Yea. This is the first time I actually wanted to use something like Home Switcher. I hope it gets updated to work on 2.2

They both have their pros n cons that basically cancels each other out and make them tied for the best launchers out right now IMO. I do lean more towards ADW for a few settings that I like. But LauncherPro is so good, I wanna keep using that too...

I want my cake n eat it too. :)