LauncherPro Beta (SUPER FAST & SMOOTH Launcher!)

Phreaker47

Reaction score
Edit: never mind (choosing dock apps)

Awesome. Default launcher now!

Last edited:

sparty569

Reaction score
I have installed this and am giving it a shot. I have been using GDE since the day I got my Droid. So far I really miss the screen loop scrolling. I would love to see this in LP!

+1 on the loop scrolling. As soon as "Drag over Trash Can" to uninstall is implemented, I will be a VERY happy camper. Coming from Home++, I miss these.

These 2 options, IMO, would make this THE best home screen, as I do not care about hiding the notification bar or the labels, at least, until I am able to hide them that is.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
What am I missing here? Trying to change the dock icons, and all I can do is choose from the limited selection of shortcuts that I don't want?

Why can't I just choose any app to place there like Helix?

You can select any app you want. Longpress an icon that's there in the dock, and select Applications

sparty569

Reaction score
What am I missing here? Trying to change the dock icons, and all I can do is choose from the limited selection of shortcuts that I don't want?

You can select any app you want. Longpress an icon that's there in the dock, and select Applications

And wait a few seconds. The first time I did it, it took prolly 10 seconds for the application list to show up.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
adw is on the market....installed it and after playing with it im back to launcher pro. I like having 4 apps at the bottom instead of 2

sparty569

Reaction score
Another thing...the Theme I came up with, to replace the "all applications" button and the Home button in the app list, doesnt work with this version. Does anyone have any clues as to that?

Phreaker47

Reaction score

And wait a few seconds. The first time I did it, it took prolly 10 seconds for the application list to show up.

Yeah, edited my post already but you guys were fast... :)

I had just ignored "applications" at first for some reason. Duh!

Also as a "solution" to having mixed transparent/solid icons, I just went ahead and replaced all four icons with the actual app so at least there is consistency. Now it just looks like it did on Helix which is fine with me!

sparty569

Reaction score

Yeah, edited my post already but you guys were fast... :)

I had just ignored "applications" at first for some reason. Duh!

Also as a "solution" to having mixed transparent/solid icons, I just went ahead and replaced all four icons with the actual app so at least there is consistency. Now it just looks like it did on Helix which is fine with me!

I did the same thing. It just looked funny having 1 normal button and 3 ghosted buttons.

Phreaker47

Reaction score
Oh and now I get to say...

YES my phone is faster now! Wow. First I uninstalled Helix, went back to the stock and deleted widgets that were on it (a tip I got here.) Then I installed LP and set it to default but somehow the default home was still running (BACK button would go back to it even after LP was active...). But after setting the default AND rebooting the phone, I saw the performance boost everyone is raving about. The ONLY thing that is even slightly slow is when the app drawer opens, but that is nothing at all.

Reaction score
Installed this early impressed so far super fast. I like the pinch to zoom multiple screen view. Super responsive between screens and loading the app drawer running smoothly and no force closes yet.

Beardface

Reaction score
I have to say, I am extremely impressed with this app. The fact that it is still fast and basically lag-free when running Live Wallpapers is quite the accomplishment.

Now, just get me those ghosted shortcuts and the ability to hide the notification bar, and I'll be one happy, happy camper. You do that, and I might not ever root! (ok, thats a lie, but still...)

razorseal

Reaction score
yup! so where do we send 'requests' for the most common apps so the dev can make ghosted icons for it?

I removed the contacts one and put the camera there. the phone has a contacts tab anyways, so I put the camera there which is something I use somewhat often

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
ADW is too laggy for me. Once I tried LauncherPro, its smoothness got me.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
ADW is too laggy for me. Once I tried LauncherPro, its smoothness got me.

Really? I have ZERO lag with ADW. I just can't resist the fly-in/out previews of LP. (plus now four customizable shortcuts).