Launcher Pro

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
So I have been using Launcher Pro for a while, since I rooted and flashed my Eris at least a year and a half ago. While I like Launcher Pro, I am disappointed in the lack of development on it. It seems to be abandoned by the developer.

I however am addicted to 7 home screens. I have heard mixed reviews on Go Launcher. Are there any other options available? If so anyone have recommendations?

mgrande

Reaction score
I made the switch from launcher pro to go launcher. I really like it although my phone still acts up every once and a while, I blame it on my X though.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I too used to love LP+ & got disappointed in the lack of development. I installed Go Launcher & have been totally blown away with it. I do miss some of the LP+ widgets, but lately I noticed that I don't even use as many as I once did. I would highly recommend Go Launcher.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I went from LP to ADW to Go on my og droid and years later still on Go with my phone. They are on top of keeping it primed and up to date. I have ADW on my Thrive tablet only because Go didn't seem to be optimized for tablets at the time. ADW has worked fine on thrive but also no updates for months. When I stop playing so much with my Maxx, I will try Go on my tablet because out of the three, it is hands down, the best!

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

OP
L

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks all! I've installed Go. I can't figure out how to add the App Drawer to the dock. Can someone tell me?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
LoneWolfArcher said:
Thanks all! I've installed Go. I can't figure out how to add the App Drawer to the dock. Can someone tell me?

Long press on a home screen, choose "add" on the bottom, slide that menu to the left, select "go shortcut" and you will see the app drawer. It will then add that to your home screen. While on home screen, press and hold it to customize it to look like you want then press and hold to drag to your dock.

OP
L

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Long press on a home screen, choose "add" on the bottom, slide that menu to the left, select "go shortcut" and you will see the app drawer. It will then add that to your home screen. While on home screen, press and hold it to customize it to look like you want then press and hold to drag to your dock.

Thanks! Duh, I feel dumb. Didn't realize when the add dock came up I could scroll.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
LoneWolfArcher said:
Thanks! Duh, I feel dumb. Didn't realize when the add dock came up I could scroll.

Oh, believe me, I did the same thing. Kept trying all the options knowing app drawer was somewhere then remembered I have to scroll!

OP
L

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oh, believe me, I did the same thing. Kept trying all the options knowing app drawer was somewhere then remembered I have to scroll!

Well unfortunately I head to uninstall Go Launcher. It was just consuming too much battery. I loved the features and the look and feel, but my battery would deplete over 10% an hour just sitting on my desk. Plus my Razr was so warm.

I uninstalled yesterday and my phone is back to good battery life. I am bummed.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I am not having that problem with Go launcher, but I did notice a greater battery drain when I first started using it. Because of my determination to want to use it, I tried to see what I could do to keep battery life while using Go. I remember trying smart actions and it seemed to make it worse (and still don't use smart actions because of that experience). Using battery diagnosing apps (bada@@ battery monitor and battery monitor widget), go launcher wasn't showing up as being the battery hog, but I ended up discovering it was widgets that I also had placed on my stock home launcher and that my battery drain was probably because there were two home launchers doing the same thing, working at the same time. But then I couldn't get to the stock launcher. Finally, thanks to help from this forum, I discovered that I needed to install moto home fix from the market (Play store). I went to my stock home launcher and got rid of everything on the home screens. Seemed like allot of work just to be able to use Go but it made an immediate huge difference.

A few things to be aware of before you try this:
-I am not sure if the stock launcher has a feature where you can backup the set up (I just knew I didn't want to use it, so I got rid of it as much as possible). If there is no way to back up your stock launcher settings, then you will have to set it back up again if you decide you want to go back to it again.
-I assume that go launcher does use more battery than the stock launcher but never gave the stock long enough of a chance to see how much more. I do know that with Go launcher, 5 home screens set up, several widgets set up on those home screens, Go locker installed (which is going to use a little more battery because it is layering a lock screen over the stock lock screen), and 171 installed apps that I usually get 24 hours on a charge with quite a bit of use. Less use I get more battery time and I could probably get a lot more if I set up some battery saving features but I have easy access to a charger so I haven't bothered. The only time I have gotten less is when I had something going on in the background that shouldn't have been.
-there are other launchers that are very similar to go launcher with great features that may be better on battery but I haven't compared. Maybe that will be my next project, lol!
-If I am on wifi, I keep data turned off unless I need it for mms and I have my data set to cdma only unless I am in a 4g area (which is not very often).

Hope this helps if you feel you want to give it another try.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2