Launcher and battery

shizumie

Reaction score
So today witth light/mod use, and throughout the day i updated and installed a few apps, froze several later in the day. Taptalked, surfed web, several pics n pic txt few hours talking, and had shutdown at right under 15 hours. Im actually happy with this.
My question is this on other devices i have alwayse used alternat launchers often launcher pro, if i go to a alt launcher will this hurt or help battery life on this beast? If it will help battery life what is the best launcher for moto devices.. specifically the razr. If i can get decent battery life i may just keep this instead of going to the nex!
Thanks again.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

stragabenz

Reaction score
So today witth light/mod use, and throughout the day i updated and installed a few apps, froze several later in the day. Taptalked, surfed web, several pics n pic txt few hours talking, and had shutdown at right under 15 hours. Im actually happy with this.
My question is this on other devices i have alwayse used alternat launchers often launcher pro, if i go to a alt launcher will this hurt or help battery life on this beast? If it will help battery life what is the best launcher for moto devices.. specifically the razr. If i can get decent battery life i may just keep this instead of going to the nex!
Thanks again.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

I use Go Launcher EX and love it, but it depends on how well the Launcher handles memory you can try to tweak the memory settings of the launcher to experiment. To be honest with you the biggest battery killer will be data, display, phone calls, watching videos or if you have a program constantly sucking memory in background. This is my second day with my RAZR and I'm at 10% with 15h 16m and still counting. I also used it from mod/heavy usage with texts, web browsing, phone calls, application installs. If you can achieve 15H with mod/heavy usage I think that is pretty damn good on this monster display. If you setup your Smart Actions correctly and reduce syncs you can get great battery life.