Launchers

droidmatic

Reaction score
So, since using liberty I noticed a huge boost in speed and battery life (and the size doesn't hurt either lol). But when I started using adw.ex for a launcher, I noticed a pretty significant drop in battery life and increased glitchiness. Has anyone noticed issues like this with adw when using stock or other roms? Is it because adw is essentially running on top of the stock launcher?

Thanks

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
I had the same problems with ADW Launcher. Had too many FCing issues and glitches so I went back to Go Launcher since LauncherPro was having issues on the installation. But I fixed the LauncherPro issue a couple days later and switched to LauncherPro Plus and have not had one problem yet.

zeke

Reaction score
Same here had adw. Switch to go launcher. Not as fancy but still sweet.

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Other people seem to have no issue with ADW Launcher. I don't know if it works better for certain custom ROMs and not so well for others. I don't think it's even a phone compatibility issue because I've noticed other D2 users have ADW Launcher with no issues with it. I have Liberty ROM v1.0 and it just may be conflicting with one another.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My experience has been that launchers are no different than roms, themes, etc - they act and perform differently on each individual phone. I really like adw, but it just doesn't run very well on my phone....

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
D

droidmatic

Reaction score
If its between liberty or another rom for adw... I choose liberty. So, I might have to try go or another launcher unless they smooth out adw. I don't mind stock, in fact I prefer it in most ways, its just nice for some customizability and scrollable widgets.
I don't really care about the transitions and such. I do have a question though, do launchers like adw run on top of the stock launchers if you don't freeze them? Is that why they take battery life?