Best launcher for battery?

Reaction score
Actually I'm very happy with SetCPU because the widget shows at which speed your device is currently running, Droid Overclock didn't do that, at least I didn't find any option. I dunno what I did that now I can only go as far as 1000, I'll reinstall it and see if I can get it back to going as far as 1200 and see if my device heats up, thanks.

You can't go past 1000 because setCPU can't actually overclock your phone. You need to use droid overclock to set the processor's max frequency, then use setCPU to set the profiles it runs at. setCPU is not an overclocking app, it is a frequency control app. I hope that's not as confusing as I think it sounds haha.

OP
kioshi

kioshi

Reaction score
Oh I understand, thanks. But I was certain that when I installed it I could go to 1200. Maybe it's my memory failing, I've been too sick, or maybe it's because I uninstalled Droid Overclock and installed SetCPU without rebooting so perhaps it was still 'memorized' by my phone but not anymore.

Anyhow here it says it overclocks: SetCPU for Root Users - Android app on AppBrain

And look at this comment from some user:

'Works great on all my current and past Android devices! HTC Dream - 625 Mhz HTC Magic - 625 Mhz HTC Desire Z - 1.42 Ghz Samsung Captivate - 1.4Ghz Nexus One - 1.2 Ghz Motorola Xoom - 1.5 Ghz (insanely fast!) Sadly, my Motorola Atrix cannot be overclocked yet...' - later in the comment he mentions that he thinks his Atrix cannot be OC'ed because of the locked bootstrapper but that doesn't make sense since DO does it for the locked Droid/Milestone 2.... Well who knows, the guy says he has like 10 android devices lol, maybe not a reliable source.

Reaction score
I could be wrong... That's just what I remember reading a lot in the D2G forums... I don't mess with OCing, 1.2GHz is fast enough for me haha

OP
kioshi

kioshi

Reaction score
Wow now I was surprised. I thought the D2Global was 1000Mhz. I went to phonearena.com and strangely, although they were realeased almost at the same time, The D2G has a 1.2 Ghz processor and 6500mb of internal memory, the Milestone 2 has 8192 internal, 1.0 processor and can record at 720p. Motorola could give the best of each to both phones lol.

I actually read some complaints of the Droid 2 heating up too much in other forums, I have no idea if they were talking about D2G or the first one, but I can assure you that in intense use my phone never got really hot until I decided to try the Overclocking thing to 1.2 - maybe some people got unlucky with the 1.2 processor? Well who knows.

And about the Launchers thing... Decided to install LauncherPro to give it a go again. One thing I noticed is that when I press the button on a blank area and select 'create widget' the menu appears almost instantly (normal widgets, not specific LP widgets, those are instant), while on ADW launcher when I chose 'create widget' it took like 3-5 seconds for the menu to appear. I'm kinda tired of messing with my device now and reorganizing everything again under the new Laucher, but I'm starting to think LP is faster. Oh the app drawer also animates more smoothly than ADW (I used the 3D effect on both) and sometimes it also took like 3 seconds on ADW for the apps in the Drawer to appear, I pressed the button and just got a black screen until the apps decided to show up. In LP, it's always instant.

Reaction score
I've been running LauncherPro since the day I got my first D2G (on number 2, I washed number 1....) and I love it. Faster and smoother than the stock launcher (especially on fission) and WAY more customizable. I've got 2 docks for 10 icons, and each one has a swipe action... access to 20 apps/functions right there. I love it.

OP
kioshi

kioshi

Reaction score
Yeah LPP seems really nice (and that Facebook Widget is SWEET) - I installed it but until I get a free day to organize it all like I got my ADW set up, I won't be using it a lot. But I can say it feels so much faster than ADW... I love ADW's customizations (my icons have different colored backgrounds and I set them to be 120% bigger than usual so the UI looks very pretty, maybe a lil iPhone-ish but it is prettier, I find Android's icons a bit small in the default size).

But sometimes I click on the Home button and have to wait for ADW to redraw everything... Same for the app drawer, it's kinda annoying. Even when I don't have a lot of stuff running on the background.

vinnychase

Reaction score
Question about LP. If I use it and then decide to get rid of it...is it possible to go back to stock?

Thanks.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
kioshi

kioshi

Reaction score

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I personally like ADW Ex the best. I liked LP except i dont like that you have to buy in order to use some functions (such as widget resizing, which i use alot).

About the oc thing, my d2g can go up to 1.4ghz before it freezes. Each phone is different, just because its rated at 1 ghz doesnt mean that it cant go faster. The opposite is also true, some phones cant even run at the max rated speeds, it varies by processor.

Sent from my Fissioned D2G

OP
kioshi

kioshi

Reaction score
I personally like ADW Ex the best. I liked LP except i dont like that you have to buy in order to use some functions (such as widget resizing, which i use alot).

About the oc thing, my d2g can go up to 1.4ghz before it freezes. Each phone is different, just because its rated at 1 ghz doesnt mean that it cant go faster. The opposite is also true, some phones cant even run at the max rated speeds, it varies by processor.

Sent from my Fissioned D2G

Yeah, LPP has a SWEET scrollable facebook widget. Twitter too but I don't care about twitter much.

Well I bought both ADW and LPP, my ADW 'desktop' is all neat and organized but I'll try LPP when I have the patience to organize my apps all over again. I'm kinda bummed out you cannot change folder icons in LPP (at least AFAIK) and one of the things I love about ADW is the ability to set your icons to be bigger (mine are at 120%, with the names over them instead of under, with transparency, so they look a bit iPhoneish and I like it, the screen seems to 'fill' better than the default Android size). Plus there are great themes for ADW, I download some just because of the icons I can choose for my apps and folders. This one especially is a work of art - ADW.BuuF.Theme for Android | AppBrain.com

tareq

Reaction score
I feel sad that you guys do not use sweeter home. Best home app ever FTW

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App