New Launcher GO to Nova - Battery Drain

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
I switched from the GO Launcher EX to the Nova Prime Launcher. While I loved my GO Launcher EX and the apps that came with it, it was causing my phone to be unbearably slow. I no longer have that problem with the Nova Prime Launcher...but my battery performance has gone down the toilet.

I work in a library and basically don't touch my phone all day for the most part. With the GO Launcher EX, a full day of this would set my phone's battery down to about 93%. With Nova Prime, after a full day of not doing anything on my phone, my battery is under 30%.

How can this be? How can I fix it?

metalhead

Reaction score
I also switched from Go launcher to Nova Prime but I haven't noticed any difference in battery usage. Other than rebooting or trying uninstall/reinstall, I'm afraid I don't have any ideas for you. Hope you figure it out since Nova is very smooth & responsive on my Maxx.

avenged61973

Reaction score
I have used nova prime for about a year now and my battery life is great. Did you uninstall go launcher and all of the add ons? Go launcher might be running in the background still. Check your battery stats and see if maybe a widget your using isn't agreeing with it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I switched for Go Launcher to Nova a few months back and my battery life is the same or even better and my phone faster. I would check your apps and see if one is acting up. I deleted everything go off my phone as they seemed to slow my phone way down. :-\

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

OP
J

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
I may just FDR and start over. That, or, I'm not too pleased with Nova, or I just haven't figured out how to use it. I'd like to put my apps in groups under the app drawer, like I was able to do in GO. I can't find that functionality in Nova. With GO, I was able to make folders on both the Desktop and in the App Drawer.

(By App Drawer, I mean Programs button...hopefully I'm using that term correctly)

2razrmaxx

Reaction score
I think you need to download apex notifier
Its free and integrates with the launcher
It's in the play store

I think you have to have launcher pro as as well

Last edited:
OP
J

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
Well, I switched over to Apex. I actually paid for the HD JellyBean 4.3 Theme. So far, much better battery life. I don't know why my battery was draining so bad in the first place. One thing that's different, though. I haven't put HD Widgets back on my Desktop, yet. I'm guessing this may make a big difference, however when looking at my battery drain before, it didn't seem to be the case.

Still bummed I had to lose GO because of constant freezes. Hopefully my next Smartphone won't have that issue. I'm thinking of possibly upgrading to the Ultra.