Since getting GB, DX battery life 2 hours or less/heating issues

JackJuice

Reaction score
Since I DLed GB, my battery life is awful; as little as two hours on one occasion. My DX also runs extremely hot now.

I do run Go Launcher Ex and several other Go apps (calendar, weather), but never had these kind of battery problems til after GB. Help?

PS, I'm not rooted.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

droid234

Reaction score
Since I DLed GB, my battery life is awful; as little as two hours on one occasion. My DX also runs extremely hot now.

I do run Go Launcher Ex and several other Go apps (calendar, weather), but never had these kind of battery problems til after GB. Help?

PS, I'm not rooted.

Same problem here. The battery runs down much faster than on froyo. What gives? :icon_eek:

I did notice the keypad light stays on longer (and brighter?). Is there anyway to set a quicker turnoff timer for the keypad light?

I want my froyo back!:soapbox:

Snow02

Reaction score
Jack, check your battery stats. If it's getting hot and dying quickly there's probably a process acting up. It should show as using a large amount of your battery.

Alternatively, you can download watchdog lite in the market and see exactly what's using cpu cycles.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score

PS, I'm not rooted.

Same problem here. The battery runs down much faster than on froyo. What gives? :icon_eek:

I did notice the keypad light stays on longer (and brighter?). Is there anyway to set a quicker turnoff timer for the keypad light?

I want my froyo back!:soapbox:

I use Adjbrightness from the market to turn off the hardkeys at the bottom. You have to be rooted though. I have been using it on all the leaks.

I am on .595 ZombieStomped and my phone battery lasts a long time. Better than Froyo.

sent from my ZombieStomped X

wyld

Reaction score
I've noticed the hardware keys are working with the light sensor sometimes and my led notification only seems to work when the screen goes to sleep

joncromon

Reaction score
Im having battery issues myself, not to mention I havent been having as much free ram available as when I had froyo. I used to have anywhere from 225-300 after killing tasks, now I'm lucky if I can have 100 mb ram free at any given time. I installed the rooted version of gingerbread before the ota was officially released for everyone. Could that have anything to do with it?

lemodular

Reaction score
Try uninstalling apps and reinstalling them. Mine gets hot when I use the GPS or when apps are updating heavily. Although my battery life is fine. On rooted .596