Latest Pixel 2 rumor: No headphone jack

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
google-may-ditch-3-5mm-headphone-jacks-on-next-pixel-phones-513628-3.png
Remember that commercial? Didn't we all just love that? Yes, we did. Apparently the headphone jack is SO last year. Rumors circulating widely on the internet from more then one source seem to confirm that the headphone jack is going to be dropped from the Pixel 2. One site even mentioned that "no one seems to care". These people don't hang out on Reddit, apparently. There are a lot of unhappy Redditors concerned about this. What about you, Droid Forumers? Anyone care?

Source: Tech Radar

Last edited:

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well folks there ya have it... Evan Blass has spoken.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
If you guys think about it makes total sense how they will be releasing the phones ..Pixel will be made by HTC kinda keeping HTC U11 design and I’m sure great phone with bezels ...and Pixel XL will be LG made styled bezels and size

Sent using Tapatalk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you guys think about it makes total sense how they will be releasing the phones ..Pixel will be made by HTC kinda keeping HTC U11 design and I’m sure great phone with bezels ...and Pixel XL will be LG made styled bezels and size

Sent using Tapatalk

AndroidPIT-HTC-U-4753-w782.jpg

htc-pixel-2.jpg

lg-g6-4578.jpg

google-pixel-2-xl-concept-design_1501575622170.jpg

kinfolk248

Reaction score
It really pisses me off how companies try to tell me what I want and need in a product instead of letting MY MONEY speak for itself. Even worse how brain dead ppl just go along with it but want to get mad when something like monopolies and market fixing occurs... Damnit!!!

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
You DO let your money speak for itself. If a company makes a phone you don't want...don't buy it. Samsung made a phone with no S_D Card. Supposedly, because they couldn't fit everything inside with thier new super fast memory. Yea, ok. Sales tank. S7 has a slot.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
You DO let your money speak for itself. If a company makes a phone you don't want...don't buy it. Samsung made a phone with no S_D Card. Supposedly, because they couldn't fit everything inside with thier new super fast memory. Yea, ok. Sales tank. S7 has a slot.

sales were up with the note 5 according to an article in Forbes. though, imo, it could have been better if they sold the phone in Europe and had the microsd card slot.

note 7 sales was a lot higher than note 5 before it bombed :)

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It really pisses me off how companies try to tell me what I want and need in a product instead of letting MY MONEY speak for itself. Even worse how brain dead ppl just go along with it but want to get mad when something like monopolies and market fixing occurs... Damnit!!!
Actually I refused to buy the pixel or give Google slack because I felt like they should have not had that much bezel and it lacked waterproofing, something even Apple did, and yet commanded the same money as both Samsung and Apple. I'm all over the Pixel XL2 and if they removed the headphone jack for waterproofing then I'll let it slide given I use bt headphone 80% of the time.

The Pixel 2 on the other hand, Google will be getting my fullest of critiques on that one. I know it's HTC's doing but could have and should've vetoed it and told HTC to try again.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
sales were up with the note 5 according to an article in Forbes. though, imo, it could have been better if they sold the phone in Europe and had the microsd card slot.

note 7 sales was a lot higher than note 5 before it bombed :)
The Note is a bit of an anamoly though. What is a note fanatic going to buy instead? The S6 had plenty of competition. The Note?