No 3.5mm Headphone Jack On The Pixel 2

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
mockup_3-1-jpg.77608

We have complained enough about the Pixel not having stereo speakers. It seems that Google has heard us loud and clear. We may indeed be getting stereo speakers on the Pixel 2, but it will come at the expense of a headphone jack according to a new report. The source also confirmed a 4.97" FHD display for the Pixel 2 and 5.99" 1440p OLED display for the Pixel XL 2. Both phones will include a Snapdragon 835 processor.

The Pixel XL 2 is being made by LG and may include a smaller bezel while the Pixel 2 is reported to be manufactured by HTC and may adopt more of a U11 appearance. It seems like Google would want both devices to have the same design like the Pixels of last year. We also found out that pre-production software on the Taimen (Pixel XL 2) refers to "nexus imprint" instead of pixel imprint when referring to the fingerprint scanner. Could this signal a return to the Nexus moniker with two uniquely designed flagships being made by two different manufacturers? I guess we will soon find out.

via XDA

Attachments

• Mockup_3-1.jpg
    Mockup_3-1.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 4,543

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
5.99 ' XL with minimal bezels sounds like a winner... enough with then headphone jack it's 2017

Sent using Tapatalk

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I gotta have that headphone jack. i never remember to charge my bluetooth headphones. lol

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well, I was hoping for a 5.5" device from Google as my next phone...looks like I was a year off. Go figure.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
It is nice that some people don't need a 3.5 jack but don't speak for all of us. When you have to wear hearing aides ear buds are not a choice. It is headphones (I have a fantastic set) and for now anyway will continue to use them. Just because Apple tends to screw over their users with new connectors doesn't mean everyone should!

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Well, I was hoping for a 5.5" device from Google as my next phone...looks like I was a year off. Go figure.

It might be good size though if bezels done right... Especially if LG is making it..
It is nice that some people don't need a 3.5 jack but don't speak for all of us. When you have to wear hearing aides ear buds are not a choice. It is headphones (I have a fantastic set) and for now anyway will continue to use them. Just because Apple tends to screw over their users with new connectors doesn't mean everyone should!
It's good to have choices I agree.. All the phones will be coming out minus the jack... But they are including adapters for the wired headphones so although a pain for many you can still get the results...

Sent using Tapatalk

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yes, the removal of the headphone jack is not that big of a deal. Especially when they include adapters.

Last edited:

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It might be good size though if bezels done right... Especially if LG is making it..

It's good to have choices I agree.. All the phones will be coming out minus the jack... But they are including adapters for the wired headphones so although a pain for many you can still get the results...

Sent using Tapatalk
Yeah, but I want to reduce a little from the 5.7" display I have now. Even with narrow bezels, using it one handed will be rare. Which is how I've come to use my phone anymore as I'm usually stopping the kid from doing something he's not suppose to.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I like the curved corner screens LG is utilizing... my new G6 has it and it's just... pretty...

I'm definitely more interested in the V30 than the Pixel

and then there's the note 8... man that thing looks nice....

WHY... WHY ARE THERE SO MANY OPTIONS!?!?!

Ricocht77

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Xperia Z3v

What headphones do you use? i have hearing aides as well (in cannal) and good headphones that don't give feedback are hard to come by

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I can go without a headphone jack and am willing to sacrifice it for having the extra speaker. So far the pixel 2 is sounding like a winner for me. Be interesting to see which horse wins my race and it will be determined by which company I give my money to as this is my upgrade year.

MoeDaddy

Reaction score
If the XL size holds true I'm in can't wait. Headphone jack I don't care about as I don't even have a wire headset anymore...

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
What headphones do you use? i have hearing aides as well (in cannal) and good headphones that don't give feedback are hard to come by
I have Sennheiser HD280 Pro which are over the ear headphones. On ear won't work and feedback can happen if they actually hit the microphone which I can avoid. The problem with adapters is the same as those that allow OTG connections via the charge port. You have a choice to charge or use the port for something else. My current solution is a wireless fast charger with my S7 upside down.