keyboard and text messaging issues

privateeye

Reaction score
rflip...

the whole thing is, i think, NOT to be afraid of that hard drive wipe, reboot reinstall whatever they call it. they make it sound like the worst thing on earth because people are too lazy to re-add their own apps , wallpaper, that kind of stuff. i didn't lose my pix because they are on a card. with that hard drive wipe whatever they call it, what i found revealing is that the verizon guy said he does the whole thing every 6 months, that droids tend to get a bit wacky. i suspect this is a version of a slap on the side of droid's head, lol. me though...i will only go into the store and make them do it for me. i figure its worth the endless wait to put the burden on their shoulder if there's a screw up. i can literally NOT be down and without a phone for even an hour with my job. so far, this in the only real big problem i've had with the droid except for the fact that the photos have begun to suck. still like it better than blackberry. i'm too uncool for an iphone. lol.

privateeye- thanks for the followup posting. I, too, have recently had issues with the freezing of both the touch pad and slider components fo the phone when I am trying to txt or post on FB. I disabled the items that was originally suggested and so far seems to be working. I am hoping that I will not need to do a total reboot or upgrade as you had to do...but I will have to be conscious of this possibility. Thanks so much for your helpful followup.:happy: