keyboard and text messaging issues

Carolp70

Reaction score
After the upgrade and updates were installed on my droid 2 the other day.. My droid started acting up really bad.. I could only text 2 words then it would lock up.. And If I started my text with I,O or U it would not even let me get in 2 words.. Finally today I was so mad at my phone I went into settings,language and Keyboard settings,I removed next word prediction and also removed highlight words and auto correction... This has thankfully fixed my droid for now.. Hope this note helps someone..:icon_ banana:dancedroid

Nora312

Reaction score
After the upgrade and updates were installed on my droid 2 the other day.. My droid started acting up really bad.. I could only text 2 words then it would lock up.. And If I started my text with I,O or U it would not even let me get in 2 words.. Finally today I was so mad at my phone I went into settings,language and Keyboard settings,I removed next word prediction and also removed highlight words and auto correction... This has thankfully fixed my droid for now.. Hope this note helps someone..:icon_ banana:dancedroid

BLESS YOU!! I was having the same issues and these directions worked like a charm!! Thank you!!:D:icon_ banana:dancedroid

Maria2672

Reaction score
Keyboard and text message issues

woo hoooo..thank you so much this worked! I was dreading going to the verizon store to get it checked u saved me a trip. thanks again! dancedroid:icon_ banana:

Sharona

Reaction score
Thank you, thank you so much!! This happened to my Droid and I actually just WENT to the Verizon store in Morrisville, NC and the Customer Service Person told me that it was a malfunction on my keypad that it has been happening lately and there was nothing they could do... and I could buy a new phone for $500.
SO needless to say, I googled it, and this information was much much more reliable and helpful! My phone is now working!
THANK YOU and BLESS You !! dancedroid:icon_ banana:

speedergurl68

Reaction score
Thank you so very much for posting this! I was also having the exact same issue and now I can text again without lock up! dancedroid I should have known to come here first.....I'm such a bad noob :icon_eek:

chippercat

Reaction score

Hi! I'm a noob to the forums...and YES! You certainly have helped us! Thanks again!

Bigbunny

Reaction score
This started happening on my D2G today. Going to try this fix. Yay!

privateeye

Reaction score
carolp70. bless you. i have been on this forum and on line all day untll i found your suggestions. and so far they are working. though i am too afraid to to push my limits. which text message do you use. the one that came with your phone or handset?

cjr111

Reaction score
I tried this an did not work (but thanks for the suggestion). The local Verizon Wireless store says they are seeing customers everyday with this issue. Sometimes a reset works but in my case it did not. At first they were reluctant to replace the phone but eventually a manager did the right thing and sent me a new one. But Motorola needs to proactively get in front of this sort of thing. They should have sent out a notice and offered replacement phones for anyone whose phone did not fix upon the update. BAAAAAAAD customer service Motorola -- why is it incumbent on the customer and Verizon to manage thru this?????????

privateeye

Reaction score
carol p70 and crj11 -- update. everything i said worked in the past few days did not work. i was too excited and posted before testing a period of time. lesson learned. like the ideas work for a second, minute, maybe longer, then there's that infuriating freeze. so first i did several over the phone troubleshoot gigs with verison. OTA of whatever they call it. nothing worked. they told me how i qualified for an upgrade, yada yada yada. i told them i paid alot of money for electronic equipment that was defective and was really ticked off that my only options was a refurbished phone which according to people on the net...and i have read countless posts... suck.
anyway, long version short, i got to the verizon store i gave my phone to the guy there, he did the factory reboot, hard reinstall, whatever you call it. He couldn't do it from my phone because it was frozen. he did it from his computer. it took a while. he said every six months or so one should do this, though people freak out over it. he said droids just lock up otherwise. so he does his thing, (just make sure you got all your passwords to your email and make him reload that stuff) and poof, all better. just dont have him add the actual Facebook application, btw. that will totally screw everything up.

now if that doesn't work, worst case scenario, they got this upgrade thing going on for droid, 149. less 50 rebate-- 100. i could not leave the store without some functional phone and i am not rich. i was prepared to buy that droid, after research. i was also considering suing verizon if it came to that because why on earth sell a defective product for a huge amount of money and replace it with an inferior product. ish i had more to offer, this truly worked for my phone and it was definite cure for the freezing phone when texting, emailing, or whatever it decides to torment you with.

I tried this an did not work (but thanks for the suggestion). The local Verizon Wireless store says they are seeing customers everyday with this issue. Sometimes a reset works but in my case it did not. At first they were reluctant to replace the phone but eventually a manager did the right thing and sent me a new one. But Motorola needs to proactively get in front of this sort of thing. They should have sent out a notice and offered replacement phones for anyone whose phone did not fix upon the update. BAAAAAAAD customer service Motorola -- why is it incumbent on the customer and Verizon to manage thru this?????????

xsirxx

Reaction score
This update has completely killed my phone! Arggg! I am having the same issues as u guys, anyone figure out a solution? I would love to be able to use my phone again... or has anyone know how to go back to 2.2...

Thanks guys!

privateeye

Reaction score
xsirxx:
my problem has been 100% cured since i went to the verizon store where i got my phone, WHILE my phone was frozen, stood in line a half century, then, with a great story which reflected my need, urgency, dsilke of refurbished phones and sweet non threatening demeanor, got the technician to do the factory reset/hard drive reset or whatever they call it from his own computer. my droid 2 was just a year old. makes zero sense to buy something so expensive that just croaks. the problem was indeed fixable. they key., the tech said, was to remember your gmail/email passwords so they can load those apps back fro you. He also suggested doing this every six months!!! Facebook is a real pain the arse with the new factory reset and i spend another several hours figuring out how to add it without adding everyone to my contact list. Bottom line, I think when things go totally bad, you just gotta' go back to the place where you bought the phone and convince a service tech you are a good person worthy of his/her time solving the problem.

This update has completely killed my phone! Arggg! I am having the same issues as u guys, anyone figure out a solution? I would love to be able to use my phone again... or has anyone know how to go back to 2.2...

Thanks guys!

xsirxx

Reaction score
Well i went ahead and cleared the cache and data and that solved that problem but the others still persisted so i went head and rooted and put cyanogenmod on it. I missed having it since my droid 1... i looovvvvvveeeeee ittttttt!!!! This thing is blazing fast now!!! And gone r all the crappy verizon progs, moto progs, and blur. I would suggest that next time you have an issue or if any other issues persist...

Good luck and thanks!

--X

privateeye

Reaction score
xisirxx scellent. only i am a technospazz and have no clue what cyanogenmod is. i just starting looking it up... the deal is though, if it ain;ty broke, i ain;t fixing it. so i think i will leave my little droid 2 alone for now and then do another factory reinstall thing when it starts acting up. i think sometimes they should call em stupid phones not smart phones, based on how they make us feel sometimes.

Well i went ahead and cleared the cache and data and that solved that problem but the others still persisted so i went head and rooted and put cyanogenmod on it. I missed having it since my droid 1... i looovvvvvveeeeee ittttttt!!!! This thing is blazing fast now!!! And gone r all the crappy verizon progs, moto progs, and blur. I would suggest that next time you have an issue or if any other issues persist...

Good luck and thanks!

--X

RFLIP

Reaction score
privateeye- thanks for the followup posting. I, too, have recently had issues with the freezing of both the touch pad and slider components fo the phone when I am trying to txt or post on FB. I disabled the items that was originally suggested and so far seems to be working. I am hoping that I will not need to do a total reboot or upgrade as you had to do...but I will have to be conscious of this possibility. Thanks so much for your helpful followup.:happy:
carol p70 and crj11 -- update. everything i said worked in the past few days did not work. i was too excited and posted before testing a period of time. lesson learned. like the ideas work for a second, minute, maybe longer, then there's that infuriating freeze. so first i did several over the phone troubleshoot gigs with verison. OTA of whatever they call it. nothing worked. they told me how i qualified for an upgrade, yada yada yada. i told them i paid alot of money for electronic equipment that was defective and was really ticked off that my only options was a refurbished phone which according to people on the net...and i have read countless posts... suck.
anyway, long version short, i got to the verizon store i gave my phone to the guy there, he did the factory reboot, hard reinstall, whatever you call it. He couldn't do it from my phone because it was frozen. he did it from his computer. it took a while. he said every six months or so one should do this, though people freak out over it. he said droids just lock up otherwise. so he does his thing, (just make sure you got all your passwords to your email and make him reload that stuff) and poof, all better. just dont have him add the actual Facebook application, btw. that will totally screw everything up.

now if that doesn't work, worst case scenario, they got this upgrade thing going on for droid, 149. less 50 rebate-- 100. i could not leave the store without some functional phone and i am not rich. i was prepared to buy that droid, after research. i was also considering suing verizon if it came to that because why on earth sell a defective product for a huge amount of money and replace it with an inferior product. ish i had more to offer, this truly worked for my phone and it was definite cure for the freezing phone when texting, emailing, or whatever it decides to torment you with.