keyboard glitches by adding extra characters like "theeeeeeeeee" instead of "the"

iceman309

Reaction score
I know my Droid 2 is getting old, but it is all i can afford right now. Recently I have been having trouble on the multi-touch keyboard. When I text the general keyboard adds additional characters to whatever word I am attempting to type such as "theeeee" instead of "the". I have cleared the cache and reset (cleared) the data and turned off the next word prediction. can anyone offer advice? Phone has never been dropped or damaged. Thanks

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I know my Droid 2 is getting old, but it is all i can afford right now. Recently I have been having trouble on the multi-touch keyboard. When I text the general keyboard adds additional characters to whatever word I am attempting to type such as "theeeee" instead of "the". I have cleared the cache and reset (cleared) the data and turned off the next word prediction. can anyone offer advice? Phone has never been dropped or damaged. Thanks

The capacitive screen (Digitizer) for the OG Droid and D2 are seemingly especially sensitive to things such as moisture and dust, dirt and grime that may make it down along the edge of the glass between the glass and the black aluminum surround. I've have experienced some of the same type of symptoms you described.

I've found that with either a very thin piece of plastic like a cut from a clear plastic retail packaging or a piece of notebook paper, using a corner - if you slide it into that gap and drag it from corner to corner along all 4 sides, and then pull upward, it will drag out with it a good bit of crud. After doing that, my screens have been normally responsive again. My son is notorious for getting all manner of food remnants stuck in the edges of my D2, so I go through this often.

Give that a try and let us know.

Last edited:
OP
I

iceman309

Reaction score
completed

i did as you suggested and removed some crud from the sides of the digitizer, however it did not accomplish the fix. More specifically it is not the touch screen that i am having this issue with, it is only the "Quewrty keyboard" i perofrmed a reboot after the cleaning and it is doing the same thing. thank you for any additional help in this matter.