Any way to get the word suggestions for the device keyboard while using swype?

chocolatehurricane

Reaction score
I just recently started using swype, and I really like it so far. My only issue is that the word suggestions when using the device keyboard has disappeared. I tried adjusting this by going to settings -> language and keyboard but I didn't see any way to get the word suggestions back without turning off swype and going back to the multi touch keyboard. Does anyone have any suggestions, or will I be forced to choose one or the other?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

abbazaba

Reaction score
Hey choc- If you haven't tried this it might help.
Start typing a new text message or something to bring up the keypad on the display. You should see a button with an "i" and a swype hand. HOLD that and it will bring up the swype menu. Select options.

You might even have word prediction on under the basic settings but make sure that under "Swype Advanced Settings" that the word choice window is set to appear. Hope this helped!

Sent from my DROID2, an evolution in toilet reading.

OP
C

chocolatehurricane

Reaction score
While that's helpful, it's not exactly what I was referring to. I wasn't talking about the touch screen keyboard, I meant the actual keyboard built into the phone; the one that slides out.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

abbazaba

Reaction score
Oh I see what you're wanting to do. It would definitely be cool if that feature was out b/c I'm partial to a physical keypad. With the slide out, I think the closest to swype prediction we can get now is to just to quickly toggle the input method by holding down where you type. But I realize that gives only basic word prediction where you have to tap the right word most of the time.

Just guessing here as to why this is: Swype is an evolution of T9, but both use a lot of key presses to better choose your next word. But most of all they both need input relating to the entire word. So when you type normally, prediction is a lot harder.

One of these days... or maybe some 3rd party thing is already out? Anyway good luck to ya!

Sent from my DROID2