How to UNswype, and get the d2 keyboard and predictions back.

mikeeg02

Reaction score
Installed kangerade theme (on top of fission 1.2.1), believe it started swype. I would like to remove swype, and get my old keyboard back, that would put the word prediction in a thin line just above the keyboard, and more importantly put the predicted word above when using the real external keyboard. That is the real killer. It always helps me spell the words I dont know! Any ideas or help?

Tried using root explorer to rename/delete swype, then re-install the d2 kb that came with kangerade. With no success.

Have all the usual suspects

Root explorer
koushes bootstrap
fission 1.2.1
kangerade for fission 1.2.1
etc.

EDIT: Also, restoring backups from koush's bootstrap (from pre swype) results in swype coming back. GD'it I hate swype.

bforcucci333

Reaction score
swype

I was able to get rid of my swype bygoing under settings, then keyboard,then input method and it put me back to my original keyboard. I hope maybe it works for you.

OP
M

mikeeg02

Reaction score
Hahaaa. Thanks. Man do I feel mentally challenged now.

OP
M

mikeeg02

Reaction score
I must have spent two hours deleting, renaming, re-installing. Restoring, only to find out its in the factory settings?! I guess itts the little things in life. Talk about trying to find the most complicated solution, when its incredibly easy and right in front of you.