Editing The Dictionary

Likwid_E

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S4
Is there a way I can get into Swype's dictionary and manually remove certain words from it?

I'm rooted, if that helps.

I want to do this to get rid of words that screw up my every day Swyping. Such as my keyboard spelling "gaffe" when I'm trying to Swype "have". And other words with letters that cross over each other.

Is there some sort of file in the app folder I can open on my computer and edit? Then just throw back in there?

Reaction score
Is there a way I can get into Swype's dictionary and manually remove certain words from it?

I'm rooted, if that helps.

I want to do this to get rid of words that screw up my every day Swyping. Such as my keyboard spelling "gaffe" when I'm trying to Swype "have". And other words with letters that cross over each other.

Is there some sort of file in the app folder I can open on my computer and edit? Then just throw back in there?
I thought swype determines which word by frequency of your use of it and by predictive text. To better help swype learn the way you type is by linking them into your social networks to help improve their predictions. I don't use swype so that is all the help I got.

OP
Likwid_E

Likwid_E

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S4
I thought swype determines which word by frequency of your use of it and by predictive text. To better help swype learn the way you type is by linking them into your social networks to help improve their predictions. I don't use swype so that is all the help I got.

The default text application does that, helping predict words by recognizing your texting habits. The Swype that came installed on the Maxx however does not.