Need better keyboard!!! Swype Type

Maxwell

Reaction score
I just got the SG3 and the swype + predictive text is horrible. i am going back and fixing the text over 50% of the time...causing me to type much slower than if i were to use a normal tap-keyboard. It is giving me words that i dont ever use...let alone probablly anyone to use...lol

So here is my issue - I LOVE the SWYPE technology. I think it is so easy to fluidly move my FAT snausage fingers over the keyboard and type quickly...but recently since i got the SG3, the swype got worse.

Originially i used the DroidX swype keyboard and I did not experience horrible predictive text/wrong words. It gave me the words i was MEANGING to use 90% of the time. I was a quick typer with little frustration on that keyboard

With the new SG3 swype, it is giving me all wrong words...ugh.

Are there any other SYWPE type keyboards that have a better accuracy rate?

PS: i am not a fan of TAP-TYPING / Thumb typing so Swiftkey may not be it for me...
I want/need swype type keyboard

Please help

music life

Reaction score
I think there is already a thread here about this topic. Has a fair amount of suggestions in it.

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
I use SwiftKey keyboard, and it in 100x better than the stock one on the S3.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just got the SG3 and the swype + predictive text is horrible. i am going back and fixing the text over 50% of the time...causing me to type much slower than if i were to use a normal tap-keyboard. It is giving me words that i dont ever use...let alone probablly anyone to use...lol

So here is my issue - I LOVE the SWYPE technology. I think it is so easy to fluidly move my FAT snausage fingers over the keyboard and type quickly...but recently since i got the SG3, the swype got worse.

Originially i used the DroidX swype keyboard and I did not experience horrible predictive text/wrong words. It gave me the words i was MEANGING to use 90% of the time. I was a quick typer with little frustration on that keyboard

With the new SG3 swype, it is giving me all wrong words...ugh.

Are there any other SYWPE type keyboards that have a better accuracy rate?

PS: i am not a fan of TAP-TYPING / Thumb typing so Swiftkey may not be it for me...
I want/need swype type keyboard

Please help

Are you using Swype oem or beta? The beta will now run beside the oem and is MUCH more accurate. Google Swype beta . I don't remember the specific link at the moment, it's something like Swypebeta(dot)com.
I also am very pleased with the latest update to SlideIt.

Support Our Troops! !!!
<><
From a Beano

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Yeah the "swype" feature built in is like a knock off blender compared to the real thing. It's not actually Swype, as we all know it.

Google Swype beta, it'll lead you to the official Swype website and info on how to install it. It's easy as can be, and if you like the Swype feature, then this is the best (and only) way to go.

OP
M

Maxwell

Reaction score
woot!! I did download the google beta swype and wow...180 degree difference for the better!
i can now type/swype with the normal speed (actually a bit better) from my old DroidX swype

Thanks!!! lifesaver!!

DRX1983

Reaction score
Just received a Swype Beta update. So far so good, loving the theme changer that this version has.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just received a Swype Beta update. So far so good, loving the theme changer that this version has.

I'm liking the gestures as well. I use cut/copy/paste a lot and having it in gestures now is nice. Predictive Suggestions are better also

Support Our Troops! !!!
<><
From a Beano

carguy

Reaction score
So far I haven't had any issues using the OEM swype on my GS3 :blink: