[Kernel][GPE 5.0.1][Sense 4.4.4]Elite Kernel for VZW/SPR HTC One M8

wukillabee

Reaction score
I use 2.4ghz/300, interactive (huge fan of this classic governor), mpdecision, -84 UV (helps with phone getting hot. UV isn't really a big battery saver), CPU idle CO: on & C3: on, fiops/4096 (I/O Scheduler), eMMc Entropy off, Power Suspend: ON. These are my to-go-settings on FauxClock.

What does the C0 On and C3 On do? Also what does power suspend On do?

tigerstown30

Reaction score
I been testing this kernel for days an I'm not getting any lag of any kinda. @bucksmarble I finally joined:).

OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Links updated. Reverted changes from 11-21 build and enabled WiFi calling module for sprint and HD audio from hk to compliment the HK mod

ahpatel

Reaction score
Links updated. Reverted changes from 11-21 build and enabled WiFi calling module for sprint and HD audio from hk to compliment the HK mod
Is this version for Sprint only? I ask since this filename, unlike previous builds, specifically includes SPR.

OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Is this version for Sprint only? I ask since this filename, unlike previous builds, specifically includes SPR.
There are two separate links in the OP for vzw and sprint. The sprint kernel is appended with SPR, the vzw is not appended with anything. Both kernel links were updated.

OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hey buck, any plans for a lollipop gpe kernel?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
Never! Lol yes once source code(and official ROM) is released. But to be honest, I'm not hugely interested in GPE any more, so I probably won't be in any rush to get it done when we do get source. Since I've been in android development since 2009, every time a new major release came out I got super excited and have always been met with the disappointment of bugs and imperfections that takes them 2-3 revisions to resolve before I am happy about running it. And with the leaks of lollipop gpe, we have gotten yet another taste of a bunch of bugs crawling on our lollipop that got left on the picnic table. From the SD card, to the lag, to the GPS, to the battery life. I hope this helps understand why I'm not in a hurry. They will turn around and have another release as soon as this one finally makes its way to GPE devices.

garywojdan81

Reaction score
Never! Lol yes once source code(and official ROM) is released. But to be honest, I'm not hugely interested in GPE any more, so I probably won't be in any rush to get it done when we do get source. Since I've been in android development since 2009, every time a new major release came out I got super excited and have always been met with the disappointment of bugs and imperfections that takes them 2-3 revisions to resolve before I am happy about running it. And with the leaks of lollipop gpe, we have gotten yet another taste of a bunch of bugs crawling on our lollipop that got left on the picnic table. From the SD card, to the lag, to the GPS, to the battery life. I hope this helps understand why I'm not in a hurry. They will turn around and have another release as soon as this one finally makes its way to GPE devices.
Oh, I get you. I've been a hobbyist since about then, first device was a Droid Eris, and I've seen the downs and ups. But, the gpe rom from Jakeday on rootzwiki has been my dd thru 2 revisions and its pretty sweet. Minimal issues, and I've had no lag, SD card or GPS issues. Battery life has been fine, not phenomenal, but more than adequate. But I also flashed the modified 5.0 firmware from holyangel too.

OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Oh, I get you. I've been a hobbyist since about then, first device was a Droid Eris, and I've seen the downs and ups. But, the gpe rom from Jakeday on rootzwiki has been my dd thru 2 revisions and its pretty sweet. Minimal issues, and I've had no lag, SD card or GPS issues. Battery life has been fine, not phenomenal, but more than adequate. But I also flashed the modified 5.0 firmware from holyangel too.

Have you tried going back to sense 4.4.4 since you flashed the hybrid firmware?

Redbullet

Reaction score
I've been running your rom from 11/12 with ViperOne 3.2.1 on my Verizon phone. I have noticed some lagging, better pretty bad then seems to subside. Not sure if it is related to the ROM. Any changes since then that might be important for me to update to? Or should I re-flash ViperOne 3.2.1 and see if that makes it go away?