[Kernel][GPE 5.0.1][Sense 4.4.4]Elite Kernel for VZW/SPR HTC One M8

Dodge DeBoulet

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Verizon HTC One M8
I've been using @buckmarble's kernel on Viper 2.5 and installed it on 3.1 yesterday, only to find Viper 3.2 released today. The only change I can see in 3.2 that might have an impact on using this kernel in 3.2 is this:

• Merged with new 3.28.401.9 base

Any thoughts/concerns?

wukillabee

Reaction score
I've been using @buckmarble's kernel on Viper 2.5 and installed it on 3.1 yesterday, only to find Viper 3.2 released today. The only change I can see in 3.2 that might have an impact on using this kernel in 3.2 is this:

• Merged with new 3.28.401.9 base

Any thoughts/concerns?
Full change log:
19c8e3e001095ad7c4a5e1ab7f4aef75.jpg

Dodge DeBoulet

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Verizon HTC One M8
Full change log:
(snip)

Not sure your reason for posting the complete change log; I left the rest out because I didn't think it was relevant to the proper operation of the kernel. Hell, I'm not even sure the specific change I listed in my previous post is relevant, which is actually why I posted . . .

D08speed3

Reaction score
Buck do you have a link to your last version before todays new one? I'm experiencing lag. It was much smoother before.

wukillabee

Reaction score
Buck do you have a link to your last version before todays new one? I'm experiencing lag. It was much smoother before.
Maybe wipe cache and dalvik and see if there's a difference? I just flashed this on viper 3.1 Rom.

D08speed3

Reaction score
Maybe wipe cache and dalvik and see if there's a difference? I just flashed this on viper 3.1 Rom.

I think it just might be that the increase in performance has made transition animations feel laggy because its faster.

Update: I can really feel the difference in the prior build. It is much smoother.

Last edited:
OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I think it just might be that the increase in performance has made transition animations feel laggy because its faster.

Update: I can really feel the difference in the prior build. It is much smoother.
I think you're right. I will probably be reverting some stuff.

Hazegray

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
VZW HTC One M8
I think you're right. I will probably be reverting some stuff.

Seems to be very smooth with Clean ROM 3.0. Nice work!

I've been searching XDA and the Web for the best FauxClock settings for the M8 and have come up empty. Do you have any recommendations on FauxClock settings, other than undervolting, to get the most performance and efficiency from your kernel? Thanks

D08speed3

Reaction score
Seems to be very smooth with Clean ROM 3.0. Nice work!

I've been searching XDA and the Web for the best FauxClock settings for the M8 and have come up empty. Do you have any recommendations on FauxClock settings, other than undervolting, to get the most performance and efficiency from your kernel? Thanks

I use 2.4ghz/300, interactive (huge fan of this classic governor), mpdecision, -84 UV (helps with phone getting hot. UV isn't really a big battery saver), CPU idle CO: on & C3: on, fiops/4096 (I/O Scheduler), eMMc Entropy off, Power Suspend: ON. These are my to-go-settings on FauxClock.

Hazegray

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
VZW HTC One M8
I found this article: HTC Announces the Quick Charge Compatible Rapid Charger 2.0 - XDA Forums
It looks like it is native in the 4.4.4 update from HTC. Since the source code my kernel is based on is VZW 4.4.4 source, I would imagine it is already in there and supported. I can test with a coworkers turbo charger tomorrow.

I recently purchased a Tenergy Turbo USB Universal AC Wall Adaptive Fast Charger with Qualcomm® Quick ChargeTM 2.0 technology. I just started using it yesterday and was able to charge from 60% to 100% in less than 30 min (while I was still using the phone). So far I'm pretty impressed with quick charge.