[Kernel][GPE 5.0.1][Sense 4.4.4]Elite Kernel for VZW/SPR HTC One M8

OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions! One other thing (and I don't know if this is kernel or Rom related) is there anyway to enable connecting to ad-hoc networks?

Thanks again!
Should be able to connect to them by entering the network name manually

Hazegray

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
VZW HTC One M8
Does this kernel support multi-ROM?

OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Does this kernel support multi-ROM?

Yes Kexec Hard Boot is in the kernel and enabled. However, I do not use the multi-rom recovery and have not tested it personally. Maybe someone who has tried it can chime in.

Hazegray

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
VZW HTC One M8
Yes Kexec Hard Boot is in the kernel and enabled. However, I do not use the multi-rom recovery and have not tested it personally. Maybe someone who has tried it can chime in.

I tried it out last night and it seems to work well! I was glad to see I could experiment with multi-ROM and still keep this kernel. The best I've tried so far.

OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Lollipop gpe kernel incoming shortly

D08speed3

Reaction score
Made the switch to GPE buck? How you liking it. U want to switch only because I like flashing lol.

OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Made the switch to GPE buck? How you liking it. U want to switch only because I like flashing lol.
Flashed it today. I was holding out for official build and kernel source. Running good so far. Not a huge fan of some of the theming though

iweksler

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Verizon HTC One M8
New Lollipop GPE kernel posted in OP. Has all of the feature baked in and ready to go!!!! ENJOY!!!
Installed the DH's ROM with GPE L kernel. Works great. Got an improved performance right away.
Question: pocket detection - what sensor(s) it's using to determine that the device is in the pocket?

Last edited:

iweksler

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Verizon HTC One M8
New Lollipop GPE kernel posted in OP. Has all of the feature baked in and ready to go!!!! ENJOY!!!
Buck, in the init.d the /sys/android_touch/sweep2sleep has values 0,1,2,3 and the /sys/android_touch/sweep2wake has values 0,1,2.
What do they stand for?

OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Buck, in the init.d the /sys/android_touch/sweep2sleep has values 0,1,2,3 and the /sys/android_touch/sweep2wake has values 0,1,2.
What do they stand for?
Sweep2sleep: 0-disabled, 1-left to right, 2-right to left, 3-both

S2w: 0-disabled, 1-half screen, 2-full screen (don't use this if you have htc gestures enabled)

OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
New kernel uploaded. Upstream patches/tweaks to memory management, scheduling and file system. Also added MSM turbo boost.