[Kernel][GPE 5.0.1][Sense 4.4.4]Elite Kernel for VZW/SPR HTC One M8

Pauls57

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
hTc one m8
Kernel is running great for me on bonestock. No issues with the SD card or anything else. Is HD audio enabled in this version?
I can't find an answer to the quickcharge 2 thing. On Qualcomm` website they describe it as a function of their processor, but that's all they say. Other places, (I think it was HTC) they say it can be disabled by the carrier. In any case, the figure they quote is 75% faster than non quickcharge devices, so the improvement over QCv1 may not be dramatic.

rhodyvik

Reaction score
Called HTC a long time ago regarding the quick charge. Here's what they told me:

1. We do not have the right USB cord or USB-AC converter so it won't work.

2. The software has not been released by HTC and will not be until next summer at the earliest.

3. If I remember correctly, they're looking at possibly releasing it with 5.0 and after the M9 has been released successfully.

Sent from my Big Red M8

Pauls57

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
hTc one m8
Called HTC a long time ago regarding the quick charge. Here's what they told me:

1. We do not have the right USB cord or USB-AC converter so it won't work.

2. The software has not been released by HTC and will not be until next summer at the earliest.

3. If I remember correctly, they're looking at possibly releasing it with 5.0 and after the M9 has been released successfully.

Sent from my Big Red M8

Interesting, so even with the new charger and cable, a software update is necessary. It didn't seem much faster, now I know why.

rhodyvik

Reaction score
Interesting, so even with the new charger and cable, a software update is necessary. It didn't seem much faster, now I know why.
Yeah...we still don't have the software so there's no point. I'm interested in knowing where you got the USB-AC power converter? I didn't think it was released yet. There's a PMIC chip that needs to work alongside the wall charger unit. I didn't think HTC released the official QC 2.0 "hardware" I guess.

Sent from my Big Red M8

Pauls57

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
hTc one m8
Yeah...we still don't have the software so there's no point. I'm interested in knowing where you got the USB-AC power converter? I didn't think it was released yet. There's a PMIC chip that needs to work alongside the wall charger unit. I didn't think HTC released the official QC 2.0 "hardware" I guess.

Sent from my Big Red M8

I've got a powermod QC 2.0 wallcharger, I would wait for the HTC model, it is much more compact.

OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks. Had moved over to CodeCraft for a bit, but the handset was becoming decreasingly responsive, not always waking smoothly from sleep. I had always found your Elite Lunar really worked well except I thought I was losing my mind about the incessant sdcard issues. You have fixed it quite nicely, thank you. Running great.

Now a question, does the kernel support the Qualcomm quickcharge? I have a quickcharger now and I can't tell that it makes a difference. It's possible it's something I have to "turn on," but I don't see how to do that in System Tuner Pro.

I found this article: HTC Announces the Quick Charge Compatible Rapid Charger 2.0 - XDA Forums
It looks like it is native in the 4.4.4 update from HTC. Since the source code my kernel is based on is VZW 4.4.4 source, I would imagine it is already in there and supported. I can test with a coworkers turbo charger tomorrow.

Redbullet

Reaction score
anyone running this on ViperOne 3.1.0 on Verizon? Last time I tried this my mic didn't work. Hoping it is better now...

OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
anyone running this on ViperOne 3.1.0 on Verizon? Last time I tried this my mic didn't work. Hoping it is better now...
Should be good to go since the rebase to vzw source code.

Pauls57

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
hTc one m8
Got a chance to compare the original charger to the powermod QC2.0 Tested by timing the charge from 25% to full charge. Took 120 minutes with the original charger, about 95 with the new one. So, it is faster but the difference isn't huge.

haroldg

Reaction score
Got a chance to compare the original charger to the powermod QC2.0 Tested by timing the charge from 25% to full charge. Took 120 minutes with the original charger, about 95 with the new one. So, it is faster but the difference isn't huge.
Pretty much my experience as well. Not more than a 30% decrease in charging time. Makes you ask "what's the fuss?" Same on my Nexus 7 FHD which also is Qualcomm quickcharge compliant.

My name is Harold and I'm a flashaholic....

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Twin son ^ from a different mother. ;)

D08speed3

Reaction score
Man no other kernel can touch yours. Been playing with two other kernels and yours is sooooooo buttery smooth. RKDN + Your KERNEL = Mind blowing lol. While everyone trying to hop on all the 5.0 love I'm still content with my combo. Thanks again! Wish you were on the LG G3 platform. Ladies phone is so damn slow compared to ours. She has 3GB of RAM too lol.