[Kernel][GPE 5.0.1][Sense 4.4.4]Elite Kernel for VZW/SPR HTC One M8

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
This is for VZW and Sprint GPE and Sense ROMs only.

Features:
-Cpu-boost driver enabled
-Intelli-plug
-Intelli-thermal
-Intelli-active
-Intelli-demand
-Intelli-minmax
-Optimax Gov
-Cpu-frequency limiter driver
-Faux Sound Control
-Ex-fat support
-NLS/CIFS Support
-Graphics boost
-LZ4/Linaro 4.9.2
-Fsync Control
-Added SIO scheduler
-Added FIOPS scheduler
-Fastcharge with thermal control
-Kcal color/gamma control
-Customizable wake gestures
-Sweep 2 sleep
-OC to 2.4ghz
-Max screen off freq
-GPU simple gpu governor
-Simple GPU algorithm
-Entropy Tweaks
-Write Protection disabled
-Frandom
-Optimized crypto algorithms
-Voltage Control
-High Performance Audio
-Zcache Improvements
-MSM Turbo Boost
-Advanced TCP Congestion Control

VZW and Sprint:
Download Lollipop GPE
: Here

VZW:
Download Sense 4.4.3:
Here
Download Sense 4.4.4: Here

Sprint:
Sense: Here

Source

Additional Tweaks:

PVS Voltage tweaks:
-First thing you will need to do is figure out your PVS number. You can find this by using a root browser and go to /sys/module/clock_krait_8974/parameters/table_name
or /sys/module/clock_krait_8974/parameters/pvs_number.
-In the chart linked below, find your PVS number at the top and plug in the voltages for your PVS number. For best battery results, keep going up the list until your phone becomes unstable then go back down one and this will give you the best battery performance
*Additional Note: Because I have used the configuration from the s5 for the frequencies, follow the chart for the s5 voltages, NOT the m8
Chart Link: Dropbox - PVS research.xls

Twitter: @buckmarble

Donate: PAYPAL

Last edited:

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Awesome! Thanks for sharing this here! @buckmarble

OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Sense 4.4.4 kernels for sprint and vzw have been updated. I updated the exfat handling to use the stock texfat module instead. This will fix the reboot loop some users were experiencing and better support the large 64 and 128gb cards.

garywojdan81

Reaction score
Any status on hawknest? Really enjoyed ecliptic.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

rhodyvik

Reaction score
What's the best way to send you a donation? Awesome kernel @buckmarble ... Thank you.

Sent from my Big Red M8

haroldg

Reaction score
Would love to come back to this kernel. Can someone who has a SanDisk 128g card confirm that everything works? Can't afford to test otherwise before Monday when I am where I have my card backup.

My name is Harold and I'm a flashaholic....

OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Would love to come back to this kernel. Can someone who has a SanDisk 128g card confirm that everything works? Can't afford to test otherwise before Monday when I am where I have my card backup.

My name is Harold and I'm a flashaholic....
I have had 2 testers confirm the exfat changes fix the 128gb sandisk card.

haroldg

Reaction score
I have had 2 testers confirm the exfat changes fix the 128gb sandisk card.

Thanks. Had moved over to CodeCraft for a bit, but the handset was becoming decreasingly responsive, not always waking smoothly from sleep. I had always found your Elite Lunar really worked well except I thought I was losing my mind about the incessant sdcard issues. You have fixed it quite nicely, thank you. Running great.

Now a question, does the kernel support the Qualcomm quickcharge? I have a quickcharger now and I can't tell that it makes a difference. It's possible it's something I have to "turn on," but I don't see how to do that in System Tuner Pro.

OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks. Had moved over to CodeCraft for a bit, but the handset was becoming decreasingly responsive, not always waking smoothly from sleep. I had always found your Elite Lunar really worked well except I thought I was losing my mind about the incessant sdcard issues. You have fixed it quite nicely, thank you. Running great.

Now a question, does the kernel support the Qualcomm quickcharge? I have a quickcharger now and I can't tell that it makes a difference. It's possible it's something I have to "turn on," but I don't see how to do that in System Tuner Pro.
I honestly don't know the answer to that question. But I will look into it for you. This kernel is all stock in terms of charging code with the exception of USB fast charge for when you plug into a computer.