prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
anyone having issues with prime #14 with usb tether? i am on cm6 ##248 and cant get usb tether to work. got wireless tether to work with no issues. tried built in tether and another tether app both no work.

im on win 7 32bit

In a terminal do this and try usb tether again:

Code:
su
modprobe cdc_ether

Let me know if this resolves your issue please.

kevdog

Reaction score
Prime

Do you compile the samba stuff into your kernel? I'm wondering if the phone and local computers on the network can exchange files through this method rather than through ssh,ftp or other means.

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Not Samba, my kernels have CIFS (can mount windows shares).

I like to use CIFS Manager to do the deed.

I may include Samba in the next build, I've been busy lately with personal things and getting my domain registered. I will be at reprime.net once I actually have time to setup the site.

Last edited:
OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
To tell you the truth I have been too busy to work on my kernels. Personal life has me tied up pretty tight atm.

droidkevlar

Reaction score
To tell you the truth I have been too busy to work on my kernels. Personal life has me tied up pretty tight atm.

Enjoy the personal life man. Enjoy the weekend and St. Pattys day....but come Monday, we better have an updated kernel. :icon_eek:

Take your time man. And enjoy prime time.....I made a funny

52brandon

Reaction score
hooray, finally got my 20overclock edited for 1100 correctly. For some reason, I have the hardest time with kernel stuff...

sukillallhumans

Reaction score
Any chance of releasing your source? or even just uploading the tarball?
I have a fetish for compiling my own kernels.

Great job

Last edited:

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
Ok I just started using CM7 and why the heck aren't the devs using this as a default???

I have been running DM7 RC2 for Moto Droid for days and after several hours of use (with interactive governer and 900mhz max) I am seeing a major difference in lag mitigation.

Thank you so much.

Last edited:
OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com

Enjoy the personal life man. Enjoy the weekend and St. Pattys day....but come Monday, we better have an updated kernel. :icon_eek:

Take your time man. And enjoy prime time.....I made a funny

unfortunately the 'personal' in my life is far from good...fire..insurance company..lawyers.

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Any chance of releasing your source? or even just uploading the tarball?
I have a fetish for compiling my own kernels.

Great job

I don't want to upload a tarball, my source is hacked and I wouldn't want someone to mistakenly integrate my changes into a kernel tree without knowing what's been modified...I have a poor memory and can't remember all the source I've changed or if the way I integrated overclock is allowed under the kernel and or milestone overclock licenses.

I want to clone the mtwebster git and push my changes, I likely will just can't say when...more research necessary.

My kernels include the configuration they use in /proc/config.gz

shawner47

Reaction score
unfortunately the 'personal' in my life is far from good...fire..insurance company..lawyers.

Oh no prime... that doesn't sound good. Hope everything is/will be OK! I'm sure everyone would agree that personal life comes before all. Do what you need to do and work on the kernels again if/when you get everything squared away.

danceswithbongs

Reaction score

Life getting in the way of living, sorry to hear that Prime.
Keep an eye on the insurance guys as they have only one job, to keep from having to payout anything stated in the policy.
They can be real scumbags, so don't let them try and push you around. And think over, each and everything you say to them, as that is one of the things they will try to use to make the policy voided.
Denying payouts is why they make great money, so re prime em then prime em and then de prime em.
This way the shoe will suddenly be on the other foot, as the insurance fellas will try to control and steer the conversation to fit their goals. Just do the same thing back to them.
Good luck

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com

Life getting in the way of living, sorry to hear that Prime.
Keep an eye on the insurance guys as they have only one job, to keep from having to payout anything stated in the policy.
They can be real scumbags, so don't let them try and push you around. And think over, each and everything you say to them, as that is one of the things they will try to use to make the policy voided.
Denying payouts is why they make great money, so re prime em then prime em and then de prime em.
This way the shoe will suddenly be on the other foot, as the insurance fellas will try to control and steer the conversation to fit their goals. Just do the same thing back to them.
Good luck

Exactly..I hired a 6 foot female lawyer that's made winning her goal in life, she's scary in court..I've seen it.

I don't want to discuss this in this thread further as it will remind me constantly later...been dealing with this since Dec 26.

I appreciate all your best wishes, I know you have them ;)