[KERNEL] Kernel (deprimed_test) - Break It If You Can

foxdog

Reaction score
The latest primed kernel reports #17, correct?
I mean 14

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Deprimed test #13 (Kernel reports #17 ) - ( 3/17/2011 )

Enabled DNOTIFY for CIFS networking module, added NFS client networking support (by request), enabled advanced partition selection, disabled stack unwinding in kernel debugging (smaller kernel), disabled detection of soft and hard lockups (no functionality is gained from these), enabled kernel mem{cpy,set}() for {copy_to,clear}_user() (Experimental), updated scripts for better function (no new functionality), enabled CPU idle PM support (should lower CPU sleep usage), enabled PM (Power Management) core, enabled an additional USB networking feature to enable USB Tethering on gingerbread.

Last edited:

foxdog

Reaction score
whats the voltage on test 13?
having some small issues with youtube videos (going to play with compcache settings a bit and see if i can get it worked out)
have you tried wired tethering? I was intrested in this, im going to give it a try here in a bit when my pc isnt doing its thing

Ozzie

Reaction score
So what's happening with the governors these days? I'm wondering how the different models perform and affect battery life. Switch for different uses? I.E. - one for video, another for work and battery life?

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
having some small issues with youtube videos (going to play with compcache settings a bit and see if i can get it worked out)
have you tried wired tethering? I was intrested in this, im going to give it a try here in a bit when my pc isnt doing its thing

Its the same voltage, all my changes are posted. I haven't tried USB tethering yet, let me know.

I just streamed three YouTube videos @ 450mhz...smooth as buttered silk.

foxdog

Reaction score

Its the same voltage, all my changes are posted. I haven't tried USB tethering yet, let me know.

cool cool. running very well so far. going to mess with things and youtube later. no go on usb tethering (from the settings anyway) cvpcs said something about the system getting confused and.... hell i dont remember lol. I think he tweeted about it a while ago

edit:.... damn over 2 thousand downloads already? or is that for deprimed total? lol

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com

cool cool. running very well so far. going to mess with things and youtube later. no go on usb tethering (from the settings anyway) cvpcs said something about the system getting confused and.... hell i dont remember lol. I think he tweeted about it a while ago

edit:.... damn over 2 thousand downloads already? or is that for deprimed total? lol

2600 total downloads or something like that, it is the ROM partially...I haven't really dug into it yet.

droidkevlar

Reaction score
ran the script to update to latest deprimed and now im in an endless reboot. =(

Also tried to dl the zip and apply via recovery....samething...i am on build #21...thank god I had the older kernel on me zip card cuz i did a rookie mistake and didnt make nand

Last edited:
OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
ran the script to update to latest deprimed and now im in an endless reboot. =(

Also tried to dl the zip and apply via recovery....samething...i am on build #21...thank god I had the older kernel on me zip card cuz i did a rookie mistake and didnt make nand

I repeatedly tested the update script, try again but flash my declock zip first.

http://bit.ly/declock

52brandon

Reaction score
My 20overclock file acts funny now, my top slot always reads 550mhz

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
The latest version of deprimed running wonderfully. It and the purging assets "fix" have really turned around my opinion of cm7 atm. No problems to report yet with the latest, so lets hope it stays that way :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

tdawg2008

Reaction score
How many slots are there to this kernel? Does it reach 1250mhz? Just curious.

52brandon

Reaction score
My 20overclock file acts funny now, my top slot always reads 550mhz

Let me see it.
these are my values...
echo "6 250000" > /proc/overclock/freq_table
echo "1 250000000 28" > /proc/overclock/mpu_opps

echo "5 350000" > /proc/overclock/freq_table
echo "2 350000000 34" > /proc/overclock/mpu_opps

echo "4 450000" > /proc/overclock/freq_table
echo "3 450000000 34" > /proc/overclock/mpu_opps

echo "3 900000" > /proc/overclock/freq_table
echo "4 900000000 60" > /proc/overclock/mpu_opps

echo "2 1000000" > /proc/overclock/freq_table
echo "5 1000000000 66" > /proc/overclock/mpu_opps

echo "1 1100000" > /proc/overclock/freq_table
echo "6 1100000000 72" > /proc/overclock/mpu_opps

echo "72" > /proc/overclock/max_vsel
echo "1100000" > /proc/overclock/max_rate
I used to not need to use the bottom line for 1100, only the max values to get the option, but it seemed to replace that option with 550, so when I added the 1100 in the slot as well I at least got the option of 1100 again (if that made any sense, sorry rushing out the door)