Just ordered the 1840mAh Droid X Extended Battery

mguin86

Reaction score
WOW, I am glad I looked on here before I ordered my battery! got mine for $28.08. Thanks!

Now to find a good holster/case/cover etc. to use with it........

cpjr

Reaction score
BTW, for anyone thats interested the original battery door works just fine with the extended battery.....which allows you to use all the original accessories.

mguin86

Reaction score
That's good to know. I wonder if that would cause any kind of battery heat problems or anything?

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
BTW, for anyone thats interested the original battery door works just fine with the extended battery.....which allows you to use all the original accessories.
it will damage the screen over time as it puts too much pressure on battery corners.

OP
I

Interpol

Reaction score
it will damage the screen over time as it puts too much pressure on battery corners.
Exactly. Also, since it's a lithium polymer battery, it will expand and contract in size as temperatures change. You may be able to fit the battery in the phone when it's cold, but when it warms up it may expand and put even more pressure on the phone's components or screen.

Motorola didn't go through all the expense of designing and including a special cover with the extended battery without a reason. If you want to use the stock battery cover, go ahead, but don't complain if you have problems later and find out you voided your warranty.

wade234

Reaction score
New cover

Yes, the original cover fit but it immediately cause a wet looking spot on the screen. I removed and installed the new cover and no pressure spot. I was able to use the Verizon 2 piece cover holster with new cover. It is a little tighter sliding in and out. I would rather deal with that than a messed up screen.

speedracex

Reaction score
Thanks for letting me know that it did not fit with the rocket fish. I will probably wait now til next week and get the sedieo battery and their active case.

np

Today i went back to the VZW store to return the leather pouch/holster for the droid x. I used it for about 2 days before getting the rocketfish case, which no longer fits.

(on another note, my GF's white hard rubber ebay case works just fine with the ext battery, at least all the sides clicked together with some effort, no screen distortion so far at least the fasteners seemed to be of better quality than the Rocketfish case)

I tried the holster/shell combo and putting on the shell, which I thought would work really well because of all the room it gives the 4 buttons, it made the screen distorted because of the pressure of the case, I took it off tried it again, same thing. Made the screen look like it had water under it, if that makes sense, you'll know it if you see it

I ended up getting the high gloss silicone protective cover in black, and so far im impressed, great fit, plenty of room to easily click the front 4 buttons, the volume and camera button are covered but for me its not really an issue, u can press through the case its just harder. best of all works perfect with the extended battery.

I used this site to make some general case decisions, you may want to check it out

Droid X - iGear 360

Last edited:

qoncept

Reaction score
Just ordered mine. $26.24 with 25% corporate discount and BAT30 coupon.

mark729

Reaction score

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
it won't last as long as the verizon battery and it's almost twice the price.

fishstick600

Reaction score
21 hours and im at 30% granted i haven't used my phone as much as normal but this is pretty good.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

abean

Reaction score
Damn, VZW is out of stock online and at my local shop, boo!