Case that works with extended battery

mguin86

Reaction score
I looked and did not see a thread dedicated to this so I thought it would be a nice addition. I just got my extended battery in the mail today and am having a tough time deciding what to do as far as a case goes. ( The extended battery I am talking about is the one from verizon wireless BH6X)

Some people are saying you can use the regular battery cover and still use your same case but it is obvious you shouldn't do that or they wouldn't make a different cover for the extended battery.

If anyone has came up with any good solutions or fits please post pics or lincs.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Schimm

Reaction score
Glossy silicon case found at Verizon stores will work though it doesn't fit perfectly. But it stretches. Best thing to do is take your phone in and try it out. They're pretty good about that. I would guess the regular silicon non Glossy case would work too. Hard cases are a problem.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I am using leather snap on with kickstand from Verizon with the extended battery and proper cover with no issues.

Schimm

Reaction score
The carbon fiber case fits fine with the extended battery so I don't see how you can be having trouble with other cases.

Is this a 'fine fit?'

dsc00600b.jpg

See the gap underneath the power plug? Ain't suppose to be there. This battery pulls the case down, nearly touching the top of the connector and distorts this entire opening.

This is harder to see.....

dsc00593b.jpg

The case nearly touches the shield on the far left, in the middle it bows out and doesn't even cover the edge of the phone.

....and this is a stretchy silicon case.

Last edited:

sthil98

Reaction score
The Seidio Innocase Surface works perfect. It works with the extended battery door (which is only + 1mm thick).

OP
M

mguin86

Reaction score
Case selection for this phone sucks! How is all that crap out for iphone 4 but we have nothing? Maybe seidio or otterbox will release their stuff soon and we can find out for sure if thy will work with the extended battery. It's amazing how much difference that 1-2mm makes!

Schimm

Reaction score
The Seidio Innocase Surface works perfect. It works with the extended battery door (which is only + 1mm thick).

I'll give it a shot....ordered through Amazon but they are out of stock....will ship whenever it comes available.

sthil98

Reaction score
Case selection for this phone sucks! How is all that crap out for iphone 4 but we have nothing? Maybe seidio or otterbox will release their stuff soon and we can find out for sure if thy will work with the extended battery. It's amazing how much difference that 1-2mm makes!

Th Seidio case works perfect as I said. Check it out. Here are a couple of pics (the rest are coming)...

Last edited:

sthil98

Reaction score

Here are the rest of the pics. Seidio is fine with the extended battery.

Schimm

Reaction score
Nice. I like how they give you plenty of room around the power button. The glossy silicon opening around the power button is smaller. Hopefully Amazon will get these restocked soon.

rcjames

Reaction score
I looked and did not see a thread dedicated to this so I thought it would be a nice addition. I just got my extended battery in the mail today and am having a tough time deciding what to do as far as a case goes. ( The extended battery I am talking about is the one from verizon wireless BH6X)

Some people are saying you can use the regular battery cover and still use your same case but it is obvious you shouldn't do that or they wouldn't make a different cover for the extended battery.

If anyone has came up with any good solutions or fits please post pics or lincs.

Thanks in advance for the help!

How about one of these rubber case? I like it, and i can have the phone facing down and screen wont touch the surface. I paid around 6 bucks or 5 something with free shipping off ebay which the location of the seller is at cali. I like it and its kindof thick. I also baught screen protectors from ebay also came around 11 dollars for both but i baught it from two sellers.

Got it from BLACK SOFT GRID CASE COVER FOR MOTOROLA DROID X MB810 - eBay (item 300454127527 end time Aug-09-10 16:01:05 PDT)

S

scrub175

Th Seidio case works perfect as I said. Check it out. Here are a couple of pics (the rest are coming)...

Thank you for posting that. I ordered the case then the battery and was concerned about fit. I was hoping they would fit together. Seidio tech support said no, but they are offering a extended life battery with no increase in thickness... Just to be sure I follow this case is the same one that is sold with the holster clip too, right.

Thanks again for the info.

Schimm

Reaction score
Amazon has the black surface cases back in stock.....which means I ought to be shipped today unless there is a big backorder.

dmo1028

Reaction score
The carbon fiber case fits fine with the extended battery so I don't see how you can be having trouble with other cases.

Is this a 'fine fit?'

dsc00600b.jpg

See the gap underneath the power plug? Ain't suppose to be there. This battery pulls the case down, nearly touching the top of the connector and distorts this entire opening.

This is harder to see.....

dsc00593b.jpg

The case nearly touches the shield on the far left, in the middle it bows out and doesn't even cover the edge of the phone.

....and this is a stretchy silicon case.

Just got my extended battery today and was hoping this case would fit with no issues, but my experience is exactly like your pictures show with the high gloss silicon case. Not that big of a deal, but I was hoping for a better fit to say the least. Oh well, the extra battery is for the days I won't have access to a charger so I suppose I can live with it ;)