Extended battery?

greycobalt

Reaction score
I was planning on getting an extended battery, since I use my phone quite often and I'm a terrible battery conserver. Is the standard Motorola extended battery the best one, or have others come out? I'm pretty new at all this.

Also, I have the Otterbox Defender case, which I love. I heard that th extended batteries won't fit at all with it though. What's a comparable case (or the closest) that will fit with the honking battery in? Thanks for the help!

realitybegins

Reaction score
I heard there's one flaw with extended batteries. Some how droid doesn't read the battery charge correctly. Hence, you don't know the true state or charge of the battery. It has something to do with how droid handles the battery. I bought a genuine droid battery with a external charger so I would always have a spare. But I have noticed the charge showing on my battery indicator is not correct! Droid lost it's ability to show me with accuracy the true charge of the battery because I strictly use my external standalone charger which is also genuine Motorola.

http://www.thoughts.com/realitybegins

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am not sure about the DX but the Original Droid does not read the extended batteries correctly - I have learned to deal with it :)

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Same here! I have a D2 extended battery and yesterday I rebooted at 20% and it was at 50% when it came back on.

I am not sure about the DX but the Original Droid does not read the extended batteries correctly - I have learned to deal with it :)

DroidForums junkie!!

akula1

Reaction score
Just got the Mototola Extended Battery

I have a question; I just got my sweetly discounted Motorola extended battery and found that with the stock battery cover it puts pressure on the backside of the screen. I have the holster case combo, and was wondering if using that case without the battery door on would be an issue of concern?

Thanks for all the wisdom on this forum.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
My Motorola extended battery (D2) came with another back. It also fit my shell/holster...I wouldn't have bought it otherwise.

DroidForums junkie!!

Heavy2804

Reaction score
I have the BH6X extended battery and the Otterbox Defender case and it fits fine.

OP
greycobalt

greycobalt

Reaction score
That's good news, I'll have to check that one out. Is the cheapest place to get it still Verizon? I find that hilarious since everything else they sell accessory-wise is ludicrously overpriced.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Mine was $49.99 which is kinda high indeed.

That's good news, I'll have to check that one out. Is the cheapest place to get it still Verizon? I find that hilarious since everything else they sell accessory-wise is ludicrously overpriced.

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
greycobalt

greycobalt

Reaction score
Yeah it's still expensive, but for some reason on Amazon it's like 80 or 90 bucks. I think people everywhere said Verizon had it the cheapest. Random.

swagmonster

Reaction score
So the droid 2 doesn't read accuratly when it comes to the extended battery and is there more than one?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

arabstar1982

Reaction score
I have both the extended battery and the extended battery door, however my high gloss silicone case from Verizon bulges at the sides and doesn't grip like it does with the regular battery and battery door. Is there a case that will allow both extended battery and extended battery door without bulging at the side and still protects the device? I HATE scratches on my device so a case is a must, but I put the phone in my pocket so I need a case that isn't too bulky or "sticky" like the non-high gloss silicone cases if at all possible, but I am willing to try anything that will fit the extended battery. Any info would be greatly appreciated as I am not sure which cases are out there for the DX that are good. TIA

akula1

Reaction score
I got mine from Motorola with a 60% code. I picked mine up for $25 delivered.

Nobody has addressed my question though. I have just the extended battery with the original cover. The ext battery with the original cover puts pressure on the back of the screen. I have the Verizon holster/case. Is it safe to use the extended battery without the back cover, but in the holster case?

Thanks,
John

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The shell/holster works but isn't very "pretty"

I have both the extended battery and the extended battery door, however my high gloss silicone case from Verizon bulges at the sides and doesn't grip like it does with the regular battery and battery door. Is there a case that will allow both extended battery and extended battery door without bulging at the side and still protects the device? I HATE scratches on my device so a case is a must, but I put the phone in my pocket so I need a case that isn't too bulky or "sticky" like the non-high gloss silicone cases if at all possible, but I am willing to try anything that will fit the extended battery. Any info would be greatly appreciated as I am not sure which cases are out there for the DX that are good. TIA

DroidForums junkie!!