Verizon leather case + kickstand

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Obviously not the first thread about the ongoing hunt for cases that work with the Motorola BH6X Extended Battery, but the Otterbox Defender DOES NOT fit the extended battery, I mean at first glance sure, but really the thing barely holds together, and in the middle there's that classic "coming outward" thing- it just doesn't fit.

But I really feel like I need a case for this thing, and my second choice for a case is the leather case with kickstand from Verizon. I've heard it fits, but that's coming from the same people that said the Otterbox Defender would work...

So can anyone with the leather case with kickstand help a brother here? Does it really fit the extended battery, tell me your experiences, and if you like, review the case in its entirety!

P.S. I know I can just remove the cover, I'd rather not haha

Thanks in advance, keep on rootin'

sforsyth01

Reaction score
I'm not sure about the verizon leather case, but I can tell you that the Trident Kraken does work with the Motorola Extended Battery. I was skeptical, but gave it a shot and indeed it does work with the cover on.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Nevermind, I ended up getting that holster from Verizon, turns out there's a kickstand in there, a better kickstand than the leather case IMO. And it does 100% support the extended battery cover, like it doesn't even add pressure or anything, seriously- perfect fit!

And yes I recommend it! Allows access to the home keys + lights, ports, etc. Even the thing for wristlets and what have you.

However I DO NOT recommend the Droid X Verizon screen protectors- they do not protect the entire "screen" just the part you can touch. In other words, doesn't protect around the screen on the front, kinda makes it pointless, a scratch is a scratch, and while it's better if it's not on the screen, a scratch outside the screen, say on the Verizon logo below, would piss me off just the same.

Actually funny story with the screen protectors- first one there was some lint I guess it got on the screen protector itself... Second one the corners wouldn't stick. Third one was just perfect, except I misaligned it.

At that point, I cursed a whole lot lol

And to you sir, thank you for being the only guy who bothered to reply, even if it wasn't completely relevant.