Just ordered the 1840mAh Droid X Extended Battery

OP
I

Interpol

Reaction score
has anyone tried the extended battery with this shell/holster combo
Enter your location
Thanks!
I have this combo. With the extended battery cover, the shell will fit on the phone, but since the raised cover pulls the shell back about 1mm, the sides don't fit completely flush with the phone. As a result it's harder to slide the phone in and out of the holster, and I started finding that whenever I slid the phone out of the holster it would rub the 4 buttons on the bottom and turn the screen on.

I ended up removing the sleeve, installing a Zagg InvisibleShield body protector, and getting the Verizon spring clip holster.

debaucher

Reaction score
Carbon fiber case

Does anyone know if the extended battery will work with the carbon fiber case from verizon?
Enter your location

I like the case (although it does not work with my multimedia dock).
The VZW rep did not warn me that the dock would not work with the case so I don't want to make a similar mistake since my dock is just sitting unused now.

THanks

D.

chops

Reaction score
I have had it for a couple of days and I am not really impressed with it I dont see a tremendous amount of extra battery time just a little bit maybe it is what i am running on the phone. I have it rooted and running black glass x, live wallpaper(droid 2 eye), genie news widget running, and wifi gps and bluetooth shutoff and running launcher pro beta 5 screens 3d drawer no background dock non sliding and beautiful widget I dunno am i not very impressed with battery life at all on this phone regular battery and this extended battery. Maybe i am doing something wrong anyone suggest anything?

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have had it for a couple of days and I am not really impressed with it I dont see a tremendous amount of extra battery time just a little bit maybe it is what i am running on the phone. I have it rooted and running black glass x, live wallpaper(droid 2 eye), genie news widget running, and wifi gps and bluetooth shutoff and running launcher pro beta 5 screens 3d drawer no background dock non sliding and beautiful widget I dunno am i not very impressed with battery life at all on this phone regular battery and this extended battery. Maybe i am doing something wrong anyone suggest anything?

Have you calibrated it by running it down til the phone shuts off and then charging it all the way up? You may need to do this a few times for a new battery (I don't know, but at least once for sure.)

Other than that:
- switch to a static wallpaper
- remove widgets/apps that run in background or at least try to turn down the frequency at which they refresh
- turning off gps and wifi are a good idea because of the droid x bug, but there's one more part to it: after charging, unplug phone, shut down phone, turn on phone. If it is off when charging: start up phone, unplug phone, shut down phone, turn on phone
- use a battery monitor app like Spare Parts or dial *#*#4636#*#* and check "Battery Usage". If "Running" is at 100% then you aren't completely working around the "no sleep" bug.
- update PRLs by dialing *228

Last edited:

chops

Reaction score
I have read all the things about these batteries and I have come to learn that these batteries dont need training like you are saying. Do you have any experience with what you have said about draining it all the way down if you did I will give it a try and see what happens

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have read all the things about these batteries and I have come to learn that these batteries dont need training like you are saying. Do you have any experience with what you have said about draining it all the way down if you did I will give it a try and see what happens

No, not really. It's just something I've read here and there.

You normally don't want to drain the battery. It's bad for the battery. My understanding, though, is for the phone to understand the state of the battery, it must be run down and fully charged at least once. This should be done once/month according to what I've read.

I'm no authority on this subject by any means.

chops

Reaction score
whatever ill just try it and see what happens i did it once or twice on my oringinal droid and didnt see a difference but that was only the standard battery. Already running spre parts and my useage of things running is right on par with everyone else it looks like

Last edited:

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
whatever ill just try it and see what happens i did it once or twice on my oringinal droid and didnt see a difference but that was only the standard battery

OK, definitely check out my other suggestions though. On my Droid X, all of that was needed and now it's good to go.

chops

Reaction score
lol already did a couple a days ago i saw your post somewhere and your sig caught my eye. thank you for putting stuff like that in your sig it helps alot of people out:)

abean

Reaction score
Anyone have the extended battery and use the leather VZW case that has the kickstand? Would like to make sure the case still fits ...

Thanks

jaredb03

Reaction score
I want to get one of these but $50 for a battery is steep! I will wait till they come down a bit.