Just ordered the 1840mAh Droid X Extended Battery

new_to_boston

Reaction score
I have had it for a couple of days and I am not really impressed with it I dont see a tremendous amount of extra battery time just a little bit maybe it is what i am running on the phone. I have it rooted and running black glass x, live wallpaper(droid 2 eye), genie news widget running, and wifi gps and bluetooth shutoff and running launcher pro beta 5 screens 3d drawer no background dock non sliding and beautiful widget I dunno am i not very impressed with battery life at all on this phone regular battery and this extended battery. Maybe i am doing something wrong anyone suggest anything?

Have you calibrated it by running it down til the phone shuts off and then charging it all the way up? You may need to do this a few times for a new battery (I don't know, but at least once for sure.)

Other than that:
- switch to a static wallpaper
- remove widgets/apps that run in background or at least try to turn down the frequency at which they refresh
- turning off gps and wifi are a good idea because of the droid x bug, but there's one more part to it: after charging, unplug phone, shut down phone, turn on phone. If it is off when charging: start up phone, unplug phone, shut down phone, turn on phone
- use a battery monitor app like Spare Parts or dial *#*#4636#*#* and check "Battery Usage". If "Running" is at 100% then you aren't completely working around the "no sleep" bug.
- update PRLs by dialing *228

Hey, that's a very cool testing trick there (that complicated number to dial), thanks!

sthil98

Reaction score
This battery is great. One day 3 hours, still at 40%. Moderate amount calls, lots of texting, email,videos, GPS, and WiFi use. Good investment

Crimsongost

Reaction score
This battery is awesome!!! Got it 2 days ago last charge yesterday afternoon still have 40% left.old batt would have been dead hours ago!!

Sent from my Rooted DROIDX using Tapatalk

Atst44

Reaction score
Battery Life

You people must use your phones 50% of the day (12 hours of actual use in a 24 hour day).
I have had my Droid X on for 48 hours with 5 hours of pandora, gmail, corporate sync, internet surfing, and texting rather regularly. With all of that im just now showing in the yellow. (I only use 4 screens and have few widgets if that matters that much. AND I use a task killer - not auto !!!!!)
I have purchased extended batteries before and felt that I lost time on a charge (Stupid Droid Incredible).
Is this one really that much better? I would "pee" myself if I could get 4 days out of a smartphone.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I am on 40 hours since unplugged sitting at 50 %. 30 min or so of listening to mp3s while getting ready for work, emails, youtube videos (totaling about 6 min), web surfing, good number of txts, and ran quadrant a few times. I have been pleased so far.

fishstick600

Reaction score
Mine varies. I have a ton of widgets and play games.on this thing for hours. So I may get 20+ hours or far less.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Ansextra

Reaction score
I just received my extended battery and according to the box it is 1930mAh.

qoncept

Reaction score
I forgot to even look. I just pulled my battery out, 1880mah minimum, 1930mah typical is what it says.

HeroNova

Reaction score
I'm impressed at the size of the back of this extended battery. I would have thought for sure it would have made the phone look much bigger, but with only a slight bump off the regular size it's impressive. I'm going to have to check this out. I already consider the X to have great battery life, but a little extra can't hurt.

Ansextra

Reaction score
I figured it's good to have on the days that I commute into my office. Sometimes a charger just isn't available. It's easier to carry a second charged battery.

S

scrub175

As another poster pointed out this extended battery and cover will work with the seidio surface innocase. I ordered the case before I found out about the great deal on the battery. I called seidio tech support and they said no fit (as I posted before). Another member here posted pix with the same case and ext battery. I too have tested and am very pleased with the fit and look.

So there's another hard case option to add to the list. Plus this case works with the spring holster clip.

Last edited by a moderator:

abean

Reaction score
I got mine yesterday and prior to using, I did the whole conditioning thing, twice. I drained it, charged it up, drained it again and charged it.

Being that this is only day 2, it's hard to judge ... but I will say that around this time of day, I'm usually anywhere from 40-70% remaining and I'm currently at 90%, so I can definitely say there is a huge improvement.

I'm hoping to use the "battery left widget" this weekend when I am not working as I charge my phone all day at work while streaming music. I am hoping to get an accurate estimate to as how long I can expect it to last, but thus far, I'm pleased.

Also, I have the VZW leather case with the kickstand, and the case still fits just fine.