Just ordered the 1840mAh Droid X Extended Battery

Dxun

Reaction score
Really liking the extended battery so far. Having 1 issue with it though. Battery manager in Settings force closes when i try to view statistics. Im not sure if this has anything to do with the extended battery i just installed, or if has to do with the fact that im rooted and running Flymans ROM.

Anyone else having a similar issue?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Really liking the extended battery so far. Having 1 issue with it though. Battery manager in Settings force closes when i try to view statistics. Im not sure if this has anything to do with the extended battery i just installed, or if has to do with the fact that im rooted and running Flymans ROM.

It's the root

Dxun

Reaction score

It's the root

Thanks... Small price to pay for the extra battery life :)

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yeah it will work some times and them others it won't. Really being the only bug I have with leak 2.2 I am ok with that.

UserM4

Reaction score
I notice mine has been strong towards the first half day of use then the juice drops pretty fast towards the last half of the day. It still lasts about 15-25% longer than the standard battery so that's really all that matters. BTW, they had it in stock at a local store.

Last edited:

Karlac

Reaction score
Installed the VZW extended battery a couple of days ago and have noticed a big difference in battery life.

I was concerned about using it with the VZW case and holster combo, and rightfully so, as it became a two handed struggle to remove from the holster with both case and ext battery cover, and I can see the wisdom of not using the regular cover with the ext battery.

Tried the Best Buy Platinum case for the Dx ... another two handed struggle, and that catch sticking out was a fail.

As someone else mentioned, if you really like the case/holster combo, removing the battery cover and putting the case back on seems to solve the problem nicely. While I can't imagine any downside, other than perhaps when being in dusty conditions and/or the possibility of heat related issues, what am I missing?

ITMT, all appears just fine. Anyone had any long term issues with this configuration?

JohnnyD359

Reaction score
I ordered one last week,it hasnt arrived yet..I couldntget it thru verizon as they have been out of stock for weeks...has anyone else noticed the price almost doubled overnight? Amazon has the OEM ext life battery for 79.99 now! They were on Ebay last week for 39.95 shipped,and now 69.99....What is going on? Im thinking about getting the Seidio battery now...I wish I knew about the ext batt when i bought my phone....Amazon.com: Seidio 1750 mAh Battery for Motorola Droid X: Cell Phones & Service

any opinions on this battery?

Bxrider117

Reaction score
I ordered one last week,it hasnt arrived yet..I couldntget it thru verizon as they have been out of stock for weeks...has anyone else noticed the price almost doubled overnight? Amazon has the OEM ext life battery for 79.99 now! They were on Ebay last week for 39.95 shipped,and now 69.99....What is going on? Im thinking about getting the Seidio battery now...I wish I knew about the ext batt when i bought my phone....Amazon.com: Seidio 1750 mAh Battery for Motorola Droid X: Cell Phones & Service

I would give the Seidio battery a try if you can not get the battery from Verizon. However, I just received my Verizon extended battery in the mail today. I ordered it from the VZW store on Thursday of last week. I would try ordering it from VZW first.

Sasquatched

Reaction score

Ya, I'm not too sure what you are referring to. The VZW website shows the extended battery as in-stock and it is the regular retail price at 49.99. I'd say go for it there, or I'm sure you could find it for a few bucks cheaper on the web somewhere.. I'd recommend it over the Seidio, more for the money and it is fully warrantied through any VZW store. p.s. check your local store for the extended battery, I bet they have them in stock there (they do in my area)

jaredb03

Reaction score
Finally bit the bullet and bought one of these about a week or two ago. I absolutely love it! I use to have to charge my phone every night and now i can easily go 2 days. Plus i got it for $37 because apparently if you have an educators account you get 25% off accessories online. I knew i got 15% off my bill but didn't know about the accessories.

abe7333

Reaction score
Finally bit the bullet and bought one of these about a week or two ago. I absolutely love it! I use to have to charge my phone every night and now i can easily go 2 days. Plus i got it for $37 because apparently if you have an educators account you get 25% off accessories online. I knew i got 15% off my bill but didn't know about the accessories.

Same here. I live it

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Karlac

Reaction score
Took extended battery off the charger at 3:05 AM 9/22/10 to check to see if Froyo was available ... it was.

OTA'd the froyo and continued to hammer the phone all day long with email, texting and phone calls; listened to tunes for 45 minutes in the gym; watched Cranky Geeks (last episode) and a couple of TNT/TWIT video podcasts for over a hour in the evening; checked out numerous websites to check flash capability; downloaded and installed a few apps; set up numerous bookmarks and surfed the web for a few hours doing that; and left wifi and gps on constantly during that time just to hammer it some more; among other things.

Finally got a flashing red light just before 9:15 PM, and turned off the phone to recharge with +/- 5% remaining on the extended battery at 9:45 ... after almost 19 hours of more hard use than I would have normally give any phone in one day, including installing a new OS.

I'm happy with the extended battery on only its second full day of use (if previous experience is any indication, battery life will improve after a few more charges) ... FWIW, YMMV

Last edited:

abe7333

Reaction score
Nice. I live my extreme battery two. As I said its 20~30% more

Sent from my DROIDX

dLi

Reaction score
Does the battery meter on your DX read the correct amount of battery life with this battery?

I don't know if this question has been answered yet, but I would like to know before I purchase it. Thanks.