Just ordered the 1840mAh Droid X Extended Battery

qoncept

Reaction score
I couldn't get my Seidio case to fit well with the battery cover on. Took the battery cover off and it's fine.

Slothead

Reaction score
Well it looks like the extended battery is seriously unavailable for the time being. The webpage that addresses it on Verizon starts and then crashes and says it (the page) is not available. If anyone knows any different I would really like to know aobut it.

chombers04

Reaction score
BAT30 is no longer working for promotional code. Does anyone know of any other promotional codes for this battery?

supernater

Reaction score
Well it looks like the extended battery is seriously unavailable for the time being. The webpage that addresses it on Verizon starts and then crashes and says it (the page) is not available. If anyone knows any different I would really like to know aobut it.

I just got mine today. Instead of using the website you should try calling verizon and ordering one by phone, that's how I got mine.

supernater

Reaction score
Are you sure it is 1930? I had heard in a different thread that the website said 1840 the box says 1930 and the actual rating printed on the battery is 1880.

Just making sure because I am picking up the extended battery today. thanks!

My battery says 1880/1930. Underneath that it says (min/typ) so I'm guessing that 1880 is the min and 1930 is the average/typical mAh the user can expect. I'm not sure where the 1840 mAh came from. Maybe the earlier versions of this battery had a more conservative estimate printed on the label.

Last edited:

JohnnyD359

Reaction score
BAT30 is no longer working for promotional code. Does anyone know of any other promotional codes for this battery?

Same here,batterys finally available,but the code isnt...i dont think i want it $50.00 bad...

supernater

Reaction score
Just got done reading these articles and thought I'd post them here in case anyone is interested. It talks about how lithium batteries have no memory and that it is unnecessary to do a complete charge followed by a complete discharge UNLESS you have a smart battery (see below)

Unlike nickel and lead-based batteries, a new lithium-ion pack does not need cycling through charging and discharging. Priming will make little difference because the maximum capacity of lithium-ion is available right from the beginning. Neither does a full discharge improve the capacity of a faded pack. However, a full discharge/charge will reset the digital circuit of a 'smart' battery to improve the state-of-charge estimation
and...

Although lithium-ion is memory-free in terms of performance deterioration, batteries with fuel gauges exhibit what engineers refer to as "digital memory". Here is the reason: Short discharges with subsequent recharges do not provide the periodic calibration needed to synchronize the fuel gauge with the battery's state-of-charge. A deliberate full discharge and recharge every 30 charges corrects this problem. Letting the battery run down to the cut-off point in the equipment will do this. If ignored, the fuel gauge will become increasingly less accurate. (Read more in 'Choosing the right battery for portable computing', Part Two.)
So I guess a periodic full charge and full discharge helps reset the "electronic gauge" in smart batteries.

Other notable notes...

The articles also mention that if storing a battery for a long period of time to keep it at 40% charge in a refrigerator, that heat a maintaining a full charge for a long period of time will degrade the capacity of a lithium battery quicker.

How to prolong lithium-based batteries
Charging lithium-ion batteries

Last edited:

abe7333

Reaction score
so guys here it is. This is my usage with the extended battery. So phone settings: brightness on auto, wifi off, gps on. 5 hours of pandora. Took 15 pictures and four videos.
38.minutes of gps but was charging to at that time. Checked the mail. Internet for 18 minutes. Downloaded and updated like 6 apps. Check the videos I took for 4 minutes. Battery after that usage was 60%. I think that pretty darn saying I only charged when I was using gps.

czm2000

Reaction score
I appreciate the effort and no offense, but charging it for the 38 minutes you were using the navigation kind of ruins the experiment for me. IMO. But again, thank you for the info.

Last edited:

abe7333

Reaction score
I appreciate the effort and no offense, but chaerching it for the 38 minutes you were using the navigation kind of ruins the experiment for me. IMO. But again, thank you for the info.
Got it alright. I will make a point that I don't recharge today until I get home. Hopefully it should be good. "Tonight the shall post his results again." Droid forums 15.1
Lol just some humor there.
Lets see how today goes.

abe7333

Reaction score
alright here it is After a full charge all night disconnected 0900 est.
1)42 minutes of internet on wifi(facebook and posting). full brightness-90%
2) brightness now tunes to automatic
3)1 min background change
4)45 minutes of music player with head phones
5)2 minutes of voice calls(weak signal) 70%
6) total of 18 texts
7)1.5 hours of podcasts(streaming not downloaded(through headphones)60%
8)5 apps updated and 2 apps installed
9)widgets in background(8 news widgets, 1 weather, 1 facebook and one twitter)
10)3 times checked email.
11)1.5 hours of powerpoint in class. (screen on 80% of times)
12)2 hours at home where i only have 2 bars so more battery consumption
13)wifi on 60% of the time.
14)80% of browsing done on 3g

Current battery says 40%

for some reason my battery left app would not load..

but thats mine with extended battery. Overall 25-30% increase in Battery life.

Is it Worth buying it? Heck ya!

Idk how froyo affects battery but i assume it would get better. Right now running 2.1

kman79

Reaction score
I received my extended battery this afternoon, I didn't install it to charge until now. Leaving it on charge for 12 hours, I'm thinking that should be long enough to trickle charge to full capacity.

Just an FYI, like some folks here, I was able to use the stock battery cover using some extra effort. The stock cover slides on with some difficulty, but slides off as easily as it did using the original battery.

I have a seidio surface case, and even with the extended battery cover, the case fits fine. I'm thinking it won't be an issue with the otterbox cases also, at least I'm hoping it won't since I do plan on purchasing one when it is released.

I've SBFed back to 2.1, will report back with my take on battery improvement after a week of use and cycling. dancedroid

Power

Reaction score
I got mine on Monday. Still too early to say 100% but at this point I have to say it's soooo worth the money. I hardly used my phone at all yesterday but after unplugging it at 0700 it lasted all day, until 2300. I did turn off my Live Wallpaper and using a static image so sure that helped too.

When I plugged it in at bedtime it was at 70%. Today I'm trying to use it more often to get a better feel but already I can tell I probably won't have to charge it during the day unless I use it heavily. And I'm running with the stock cover, even though the new cover barely adds any thickness, the stock one is just nicer. No ghosting effect on the screen and no issues at all currently. Will update if anything changes. Too bad it doesn't ship stock with this battery, would have made it so much better.

---edit----
Running stock DX, not rooted, ADW Launcher.

Last edited: