Just got unlimited data added to my account today

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarskoota

Reaction score
Nice, very glad to hear that guys!! I'd recommend if anyone else is going to try this, to do it in November, because the lady did tell me that it was a "special promotion" for this month only. Whether that is true or not is hard to say, but I'd take it at face value.

AtlPikMan

Reaction score
I just got of the phone with Verizon, it was a no-go for me. She did say i was eligible for my upgrade tho. I have the Droid X. I may go for a pre owned Bionic. I may call back later to see if i can get a better answer, tho the 4gigs for $30 is better than 2gigs for $20.

RSC450

Reaction score
I just got of the phone with Verizon, it was a no-go for me. She did say i was eligible for my upgrade tho. I have the Droid X. I may go for a pre owned Bionic. I may call back later to see if i can get a better answer, tho the 4gigs for $30 is better than 2gigs for $20.

How long have you been with Verizon? I basically told them I was pist off and let me talk to a supervisor once he was on the phone I dropped the " I have been a Verizon customer for 7 years" and I'm not renewing my contract on the 27th if I don't get unlimited data. I mentioned other carriers offer unlimited for a cheaper price and I was seriously considering other options. It took me a while 4 mins of conversation with a supervisor and it was added. I guess what was said previously in the posts that number of years with the company might play a little when they decide if they want to add it or not because they can.

drakenhoffen

Reaction score
I added 2 thudnerbolts to my account last week for my parents, 4gigs of data.
Called in today asking about the hotspot and was switched to unlimited data, and does show on my account now.
Was warned that if i droped the hotspot i might go back down to 2gigs of data. But i am risiking it for few hours to see if i can pull hotspot off and keep ulimited data.

Key feature was I am using a Lte phone.

drakenhoffen

Reaction score
I added 2 thudnerbolts to my account last week for my parents, 4gigs of data.
Called in today asking about the hotspot and was switched to unlimited data, and does show on my account now.
Was warned that if i droped the hotspot i might go back down to 2gigs of data. But i am risiking it for few hours to see if i can pull hotspot off and keep ulimited data.

Key feature was I am using a Lte phone.
Just removed hotspot feature without removing ulimited data.

countryboy88

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. I called about the promo and said my friend was offered unlimited. She said they weren't suppose to do this but checked if I was elligable. She said both 4g phones on my account were and added it.
I was happier than a kid in a candy store
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

guitarskoota

Reaction score
Nice Nice, glad to see that all these people here are getting unlimited. My wife finally decided to get a smartphone too, so I think I'm gonna try to get the free Incredible 2 at Target next week for her. Hopefully I can call in and get free unlimited data added on that too if I tell them that they just did it for mine last week. If not, may have to try the hotspot trick.

maxdaddy99

Reaction score
Bought my daughter a samsung stratoshpere @8 am this morning, went to work, got off at six and gave this a shot. Her line went from the 4 gigs, double data for 30$ for lte, to UNLIMITED data! Thanx for sharing this info! Now i can rest easy at night not stressing about my wallet! Lol thanx again!
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

RSC450

Reaction score
Just hooked the PS3 to my wireless tether on the bionic and it runs just fine, no lags or freezes etc... My laptop seems to run just as fast as my charter internet as well. Does Verizon put any kind of cap on the unlimited data? if I were to continue to Tether the PS 3 and my computer through my phone can Verizon cancel or offer any type of penalty for doing so. It might sound like a newb question but I am new to this and was curious.

AlexSB

Reaction score
Just hooked the PS3 to my wireless tether on the bionic and it runs just fine, no lags or freezes etc... My laptop seems to run just as fast as my charter internet as well. Does Verizon put any kind of cap on the unlimited data? if I were to continue to Tether the PS 3 and my computer through my phone can Verizon cancel or offer any type of penalty for doing so. It might sound like a newb question but I am new to this and was curious.

If you don't have a mobile hotspot plan then yea, they might cancel your contract without notice.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

RSC450

Reaction score
If that were the case then why would people root their phones for the wifi tether?

soy.lor.n

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, did anyone who is a new customer manage to get unlimited data?

I am considering switching to VZW from Virgin and if I could get unlimited that would definitely push me over the edge...

Husker_fan_

Reaction score
I just got unlimited today by signing up for the $30 wifi hotspot deal. It wasn't a big deal to get it at all.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
I've heard that you will get throttled on Unlimited Data when you top 2g, but you don't if you're on Double Data. Do you think that is true? Or is VZW just yanking our cord.....

305rev305

Reaction score
I've heard that you will get throttled on Unlimited Data when you top 2g, but you don't if you're on Double Data. Do you think that is true? Or is VZW just yanking our cord.....

I'm on unlimited and last month I passed 2gbs for the first time and I did the speedtest and it looked fine to me...

Status
Not open for further replies.