GOOD NEWS!!! For those not grandfathered to Unlimited data!

idefiler6

Reaction score
Spoke to a salesman today and he said not only am I grandfathered into unlimited 4G, I am also grandfathered into unlimited HotSpot, even though I have never subscribed to it. :p

I have to ask my friend about getting this tomorrow, he owns a distributor and gets me deals all the time. Gotta be able to finagle the hotspot deal!

roach

Reaction score
My dad called Verizon today and ordered the Bionic for himsel and when he upgraded his contract he was grandfathered in to Unlimited even though his previous phone was not a smart phone and he signed up for Unlimited data on the 6th of july and was told there would be no grandfathering in because his phone was not a feature! Well I listened into the phone call (it was on speaker) and the lady said word for word I am going to override the 2GB plan and let you keep your unlimited data plan.
=========================
did not no you could place an order if the phone is not out yet

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like a good poll for the forum "How much data did you use last month".. :)

Tillmorn

Reaction score
I would check your Verizon bill online afterwards. My sister recently upgraded to a smartphone and the sales rep told my dad they would put her on unlimited data for $30 a month. With that said, I checked out Verizon's website yesterday to see what upgrades I had for the Bionic tomorrow, looked at my sister's usage and...wait...is that a 2GB cap? Sure is. Good thing I'll be grandfathered in, and also why I'm sticking with my family's plan for as long as I can.

mdroid2g

Reaction score
When I bought my bionic the guy at costco said I had a 2 gig cap. Today when I bought my case I asked the sales guy about it and he said I have unlimited. I told him verizons unlimited is to 2 gb. He said he gaurentees i can run as much as i want and that i have truley unlimited. I told him i wanted it in writing then he turned the screen around and showed me it was really unlimited. He also said that the 2 gb cap is $30.00 and that mine is $29.99 thats how he knows it was true unlimited. This was at a corporate store. Maybe its something they are doing when up upgrade now.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

jseah

Reaction score
FYI, all 4g phones can get unlimited hotspot. Just have to pay $30 a month.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

MrJack

Reaction score
I would check your Verizon bill online afterwards. My sister recently upgraded to a smartphone and the sales rep told my dad they would put her on unlimited data for $30 a month. With that said, I checked out Verizon's website yesterday to see what upgrades I had for the Bionic tomorrow, looked at my sister's usage and...wait...is that a 2GB cap? Sure is. Good thing I'll be grandfathered in, and also why I'm sticking with my family's plan for as long as I can.
Just a quick note, if you do an Assumption of Liability to separate your line from your family's plan, then you can carry over the Unlimited Data that you have, along with any other features that you use. The only thing that would require a change would be the plan itself, but as I said, that wouldn't effect the actual features on the account.

JayR_

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
edited for newly lame content...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

tuffD1

Reaction score
Cant wait to get a 4g phone combined with my grandpappy'd unlimited data plan im going to enjoy the network in every way possible and enjoy every second slightly more than the one before!! :)

"Enjoy the network" - this is one good way to use the word, enjoy.

Sent from my Droid¹

tuffD1

Reaction score
Damn near pee'd me-self reading about people utilizing unlimited data. Motivated me to do the same. Thank you guys.

Sent from my Droid¹

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
let's hear it for bandwith suck!

I've been on TWC SignatureHome for almost a year and am pushing 5Tbs.

jseah

Reaction score
Just a quick note, if you do an Assumption of Liability to separate your line from your family's plan, then you can carry over the Unlimited Data that you have, along with any other features that you use. The only thing that would require a change would be the plan itself, but as I said, that wouldn't effect the actual features on the account.

I thought an Assumption of Liability required the new account holder to sign up for plans and features available at the time, so that means items no longer available like grandfathered data did not grandfather?

lazarus2297

Reaction score
i just don't get the point of "digitally enjoying" the network... then later complaing when verizon makes data changes that are worse.. if you use alot of data using the phone "normally" that's cool but just eating bandwith for fun makes no sense... and is part of the problem..

so thanks :icon_rolleyes:

JayR_

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I have unlimited, i shall use it how i please, take your eye rolls to the capped data section and be a hater there. Its never been about the bandwidth and never will be. Its all about the money and always will be.