Just got unlimited data added to my account today

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
Good to know. Maybe there's not enough LTE devices out there yet for them to justify noticable throttling.

idk5

Reaction score
you'll only really see the throttling when using 3g and after going over 5 gb but thats me

JokerNut

Reaction score
Just called *611 and tried with the 4g hot spot and they said it would only be 2 extra gigs. Guess I will call back. For those of you that got them to upgrade you to unlimited did you call the *611 or a different number? Have any of you tried it through the website?

woelda3000

Reaction score
Im at 12.5 gigs this month and the speed hasn't been slowed down as of yet.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Husker_fan_

Reaction score
Just called *611 and tried with the 4g hot spot and they said it would only be 2 extra gigs. Guess I will call back. For those of you that got them to upgrade you to unlimited did you call the *611 or a different number? Have any of you tried it through the website?

Mine wouldn't let me do it online. When I tried to add it, it said adding that feature to my account required other changes and to call customer service. All I did was tell her I was curious about the unlimited hotpot deal for 4g phones.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

maxdaddy99

Reaction score
@ JOKERNUT. I called *611, hit 0 a few times, prompted me to say the reason i was calling, i replied "customer service". First CSR handled everything. Took less than 6 mins.

Last edited:

rghurtle

Reaction score
Do i understand correctly that you had to be "grandfathered" into the unlimited data for this to be possible? Thx

maxdaddy99

Reaction score
Not to sure.......... I myself have four UNLIMITED "grandfathered" DATA lines on a family share plan for the past 4 years. The 5th and NEW line I activated on black friday (samsung stratosphere 4g LTE) was 4gigs double data promotion at 8am, later that evening i called *611 and just told them the store where I purchased the phone told me to call customer service before the end of november to add unlimited data to the new line as some kind of "low key" promo. She said sorry sir, theres no such thing. I replied with " well i think im going to return it because its for my teenage daughter, my bill is HIGH ENOUGH as it is with 2100 mins, unlimited text and web, and hotspot on two lines!" She told me to hang on and i will try and run it thru. Well sir it looks like it the system accepted the change, and is there anything else i can help you with? I thanked her TEN TIMES! LOL any one else care to share your experience? Im actually curious myself of others experiences with verizons customer care.

Husker_fan_

Reaction score
Nope. Just call and ask. This was my first smartphone. No threatening needed. The lady was very nice and had no problem with my request and answered all my questions. I've found that being polite and kind to customer service reps gets a person alot further. They deal with mad a holes all day long. The respectful guy stands out of the crowd. :) Its not their fault they don't know everything or don't have the power to do something. They're just regular people trying to make a buck too.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

JokerNut

Reaction score
Well, I just tried again and the CS said that I couldn't get the unlimited because I never had it. I just switched from AT&T the day the bionic came out. Have any of you new customers and were able to get the unlimited plan?

crashmw

Reaction score
Well, I just tried again and the CS said that I couldn't get the unlimited because I never had it. I just switched from AT&T the day the bionic came out. Have any of you new customers and were able to get the unlimited plan?

I am in the same boat as you. Actually, I still have ATT and an iPhone, but got the Bionic for the wife (who had ATT and iPhone) and she is not happy with the Bionic. I keep telling her to wait for the OTA, but that may not change her opinion of the phone.
However, back on topic, I tried to get the 4G plan upgrade from the phone, and it would not go through. Called CSR and they said that it did go through...hmm. Anyway, I asked if there was any chance to get Unlimited data and he said no. I asked about my case...if I switch from ATT -would they incentivise me to leave me ATT w/ unlimited data to come to Verizon? He said no.
At this point, I am waiting for the Galaxy Note, and am hoping that I can keep my unlimited data with ATT when I switch (not fully confident in ATT). However, I do like Verizon service better...The signal at our house is great, while I need a microcell for an ATT signal which means I cannot get a signal in my own back yard!!!

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
I am in the same boat as you. Actually, I still have ATT and an iPhone, but got the Bionic for the wife (who had ATT and iPhone) and she is not happy with the Bionic. I keep telling her to wait for the OTA, but that may not change her opinion of the phone.
However, back on topic, I tried to get the 4G plan upgrade from the phone, and it would not go through. Called CSR and they said that it did go through...hmm. Anyway, I asked if there was any chance to get Unlimited data and he said no. I asked about my case...if I switch from ATT -would they incentivise me to leave me ATT w/ unlimited data to come to Verizon? He said no.
At this point, I am waiting for the Galaxy Note, and am hoping that I can keep my unlimited data with ATT when I switch (not fully confident in ATT). However, I do like Verizon service better...The signal at our house is great, while I need a microcell for an ATT signal which means I cannot get a signal in my own back yard!!!

So the note is coming to att ? Hope VZ gets it as well!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

jeff2053

Reaction score
just tried this talked to CS guy seemed very nice but said there was nothing he could do I've been a verizon /altell customer for a long time. He said only if I had an unlimited plan before (grandfathered) he would not budge. Guess I'll try again later

Status
Not open for further replies.